Horn not working after unplugging and then plugging it back in

JoshJ04

Hey guys. I recently changed out my horn mount on my 97 TJ and ever since I plugged then back in, one of the horns stopped working. Both of the horns vibrate when you activate them, but you can only hear one of them and the its now a high pitched sound. All I did was unplug them for a day and replug them back in.

I already changed the plugs around and still nothing. Am I doing something wrong or did the horn just go bad once I unplugged it? Thanks.

Edit: both the horns actually work, howeve, the low horn sounds like it's dying. The volume is lower and just makes a tone that shat is scratchy and sounds like it's about to just die. Do I need to change these out to different OE Bosch horns or is it a simple fix?

Last edited:
When you changed out the horn mount; did you over tighten the fastening nut on the horn assembly ?
The horn assembly with the replaced mount; tap it with a screw driver handle to see if the tone is restored.
There usually is a tiny screw that adjusts the tone of the horn; you may need to turn the screw slightly to restore the tone.

When you changed out the horn mount; did you over tighten the fastening nut on the horn assembly ?
The horn assembly with the replaced mount; tap it with a screw driver handle to see if the tone is restored.
There usually is a tiny screw that adjusts the tone of the horn; you may need to turn the screw slightly to restore the tone.
I actually noticed this BEFORE I mounted the horns. I plugged them in just to test them, then I attached them to the mount. Also, there's this rubber piece which I have no idea what it does.

16296440252915281764074155197567.jpg