How are the crowds and weather at Moab in mid November?

Bob in Texas

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
My wife and I will be headed out to Moab in mid November and was wondering what the weather and crowds are like at that time of year. We went through there last month on our way back from Montana but with no rig just the truck and spent a little time checking things out. We’re gonna be out there for a week this time with the Jeep and hiking boots. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. Thank y’all Bob

540F5CE4-2D1D-4D41-B141-4F4D17684AA3.png

AEDF28C6-7CCA-4407-9010-2F02BB6E8149.png

https://weatherspark.com/m/3012/11/Average-Weather-in-November-in-Moab-Utah-United-States
Looks like the weather is good enough to wheel in. I just went last May and had a blast. Can't wait to get back there again.
Alex01, thanks for the link. I’ve looked at historical stats and it does look like a really good time of the year to be there, definitely cooler than Texas. I did keep up with y’all this past May and it looks like y’all had awesome trip. That’s the reason l’m headed out there this fall. Thanks for the reply.

Hey @Bob in Texas , Sorry I never got back to you about your recent trip through Moab. We are still in the throes of moving. Weather should be much better than in November then now in the middle of summer. If you’re looking for something easy, do find and things. If you’re looking for something absolutely cool, do Hells revenge. But if you don’t have a spotter, I’d be wary of the obstacles. They can look easy, that can result in rollover. Hells gate, but especially the escalator. You should try some of the smaller hot tubs. If there are a good number of people and a helpful spotter, then run Hells gate .

Hey @Bob in Texas , Sorry I never got back to you about your recent trip through Moab. We are still in the throes of moving. Weather should be much better than in November then now in the middle of summer. If you’re looking for something easy, do find and things. If you’re looking for something absolutely cool, do Hells revenge. But if you don’t have a spotter, I’d be wary of the obstacles. They can look easy, that can result in rollover. Hells gate, but especially the escalator. You should try some of the smaller hot tubs. If there are a good number of people and a helpful spotter, then run Hells gate .
We had a good trip last month going through Moab. Got good information from some locals and got “ the book “ at the info center. Locals said they would come November to February for the crowds aren’t too bad but weather is hit or miss. No real off season to speak of for the last 3 or 4 years. I hope y’all make it up north without any trouble and have safe travels.

They also have a great website that ranks all the trails. Your rug should do 6s easy which is mostly what we stayed on. Next time I go I'm hoping to tackle some of the 7 rated trails.

They also have a great website that ranks all the trails. Your rug should do 6s easy which is mostly what we stayed on. Next time I go I'm hoping to tackle some of the 7 rated trails.
I’ve been checking out the sites on the trail ratings and their videos. Thank you for the encouragement.

Reactions: JMT and Alex01
Down to go back, I need to do all of white rim road for sure and some other trails.
How many days would that take you?

I’ve been checking out the sites on the trail ratings and their videos. Thank you for the encouragement.
You're going to have a blast. If you post up your dates in the regional area you may find someone who wants to tag along. i wish I was able to make it.

Reactions: Bob in Texas
@Bob in Texas, fins-n-things, hell’s revenge and poison Spyder mesa are all near Moab, just a few minutes drive. As you go through the book, let me know what you’re thinking. I’d like to talk through some trails. Unfortunately my book is packed for a couple weeks. But I think it would be helpful as to what we are all thinking, and perhaps find some people who have been on the trails and know the obstacles.

Reactions: Bob in Texas