How big of a transfer case drop do I need with a 4" lift?

Molokai808

I have a 99 Jeep tj... I installed a 1” BL a while ago I have a 4” SL waiting on the side... I recently broke my motor mounts so I wanted to do a 1” MML since I have to go and deal with that any ways... I was wondering how big of a T-case drop I would need to install so I don’t have drive line vibrations with the 4” SL and a 1” MML... and I obviously don’t have CV shaft and SYE😂

the answer to your question is an unknown.
each Jeep can be slightly different based on weight and it's distribution. how it holds the SL will have an effect on your answer.

what kit or parts do you have for this adventure?

I was wondering how big of a T-case drop I would need to install so I don’t have drive line vibrations with the 4” SL and a 1” MML... and I obviously don’t have CV shaft and SYE😂
For a 4" or taller suspension lift you should install a SYE and DC driveshaft. If you can't afford those two key items my recommendation is to go for a 3" suspension lift.

Thanks for all the replies... I guess I’ll be buying me a SYE and CV shaft... I might as well do it correctly🤙
Tom Wood's Custom Driveshafts at www.4xshaft.com would be a great place to get both from. Ask for Shawn or Tom (Shawn Wood's dad). Their pre and post-sales support is unsurpassed. They may give you some kind of a discount if you mention this forum or my name.

Reactions: taylormade73
Just get an extreme short SYE and drive shaft and adjustable control arms and you’ll be happy you did. Leaves you other options down the road ✌🏻

Just get an extreme short SYE and drive shaft and adjustable control arms and you’ll be happy you did. Leaves you other options down the road ✌🏻
That works but a standard SYE works fine too while maintaining the ability to make use of the speedometer gear housing. That means an extra cost electronic speedometer calibrator isn't needed. My standard length SYE worked fine in my previous TJ all the way up to a 5.5" suspension lift.

That works but a standard SYE works fine too while maintaining the ability to make use of the speedometer gear housing. That means an extra cost electronic speedometer calibrator isn't needed. My standard length SYE worked fine in my previous TJ all the way up to a 5.5" suspension lift.
That’s true. Didn’t know that until after I went with the extreme short. My speedo is off a good bit and haven’t done the electric recal box yet, a plug and play one cost about $140. Have other things I’d rather do so that hasn’t been a priority ✌🏻

That’s true. Didn’t know that until after I went with the extreme short. My speedo is off a good bit and haven’t done the electric recal box yet, a plug and play one cost about $140. Have other things I’d rather do so that hasn’t been a priority ✌🏻

It took me a while to do mine, but I wanted my mileage to be close to accurate. You can get a used one for $50-$75 and build your own connector with a pigtail (another $20ish) If you’re comfortable with some level of electronics.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/383428961805

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
It took me a while to do mine, but I wanted my mileage to be close to accurate. You can get a used one for $50-$75 and build your own connector with a pigtail (another $20ish) If you’re comfortable with some level of electronics.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/383428961805
Yes, I’ve looked at that. Wanted a winch first and now I’ve got that but have to mod or replace my front bumper before I mess with the speedo. That’s still a low priority. ✌🏻

Reactions: rasband
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
swipe the wife's GPS from the mini van, a day or 2 around town and you can run it by RPM's or just calculate your MPH offset at a particular speed.