How can I clean salt off my frame?

If you haven't already, drill drain holes in your frame. That is the No. 1 thing you can do to prevent frame rot in the classic TJ areas, i.e. near the rear control arm mounts and under the skid plate.

First if it is below freezing don't touch it and park it outside. The worst thing you can do is park it in a heated garage or wash it. Heat is a catalyst and if you add water or park it in a heated garage you will accelerate the rust process.

Definitely do cleaning, painting, undercoating in the summer but in the winter, just keep it cold and dry.

My Jeep has spent its life in Maine and has a very solid frame, so I sprayed fluid film everywhere. I also drilled the four holes in my frame, and I won't wash the bottom of my Jeep until I'm ready to reapply fluid film. If I'm lucky this Jeep will outlast me (I don't plan on leaving anytime soon).

Has anyone used Salt-Away on their winter TJs? Mine stays parked for the most part, but Salt-Away was something I used for years when I was in FL on my boat trailers. Not sure if it was the placebo effect or not, I was pretty thorough washing them down after every dunk in the marina, but my leaf spring and drums held up pretty well....

You have a 2005, don't worry about the frame so much. 97-02 TJ's are much more prone to frame issues. Be more worried about the body.

Wash it off whenever you can and look around every once in a while to see if any rust if forming. If you see some rust, grind it off and paint. I don't buy any of this "washing just makes it worse" stuff. It just doesn't make any logical sense.

Whenever the roads get a fresh coat of salt due to snow, just make sure it doesn't sit on the body for days at a time.