How can I make a slight exhaust adjustment?

Rubirob

TJ Enthusiast
I installed a trailer hitch receiver today, and ran into a slight issue. My tailpipe is rubbing one of the install bolts. I cut down the threads of the bolt thinking it would possibly make the difference.. but it didn’t.

So my question, how can I make a quick adjustment to drop the end by maybe half an inch? Any advice?

I looked into buying a cat back exhaust and that turned into an expensive search haha. So for the time being I would like to just make an adjustment of some kind?
Thanks for any advice!!

FB97D2B6-165F-45D9-8568-1D9332276C7E.jpeg

0ED75D18-3457-4ABD-9E45-7C681B4D3AA0.jpeg

Two things. For that small amount, you can just take a pry bar and bend the bracket that is seen in the photo down slightly and it will be fine. Next though, the fact that your rubber exhaust hanger is more horizontal than vertical indicates that you might be able to make some adjustments in the exhaust upstream of that mount and get it all to just hang a bit lower. I'd go the easier route and just bend that hanger just a bit. Not too much, or else you may find that the tailpipe starts touching somewhere else and rattling. Usually the shock or track bar at that point. Getting the exhaust routed juuuust right on the Jeep - especially an after market, larger diameter piece - always seems to take some tweaking, trial and error.

Reactions: Rubirob
Thanks guys, yea from what I was seeing on some YouTube videos is just kinda bang it/bend it to where you want. I don’t need much, just enough to keep it from making contact! Thanks for the advice!