How can I remove scratches on iPhone screen?

Starrs

TJ Guru
Way off topic and it’s really not a big deal but I stare at my screen a ton and they are annoying the shit out of me. Does anybody have a remedy on how to remove scratches from an iPhone screen haha. I have tried the magic eraser and pencil eraser...both are not a fix.

I'm wondering if you can do it the same way as you would with plastics. Like the old toothpaste trick for scratched CDs. Just a very very mild abrasive with a damp cloth. Basically sanding and polishing. Never tried it on glass before, but it might work. Using some 5000-6000 grit sandpaper, followed by a little polishing, now that would get it done! Try that one at your own risk.😆 But seriously, that would work.

Reactions: Starrs
I'm wondering if you can do it the same way as you would with plastics. Like the old toothpaste trick for scratched CDs. Just a very very mild abrasive with a damp cloth. Basically sanding and polishing. Never tried it on glass before, but it might work. Using some 5000-6000 grit sandpaper, followed by a little polishing, now that would get it done! Try that one at your own risk.😆 But seriously, that would work.
Toothpaste is a no go also haha. I’m gonna try the sandpaper but I might have more problem areas after I’m done. I’ll report back

Reactions: bedhed
If any are a bit too deep, maybe some clear nail polish into the deeper scratches and then another round with the sandpaper?

For an iPhone you really can’t do much, they have a special coating that helps avoid fingerprints and such. Attempting to cover the scratches would likely damage the surrounding coating causing more interference than the original scratches

Yep first thing I do besides buy a good case for mine when it's new is get the screen protected. I rarely ever drop my phone but all it takes is one good bounce.