How could they tell?

did you like the superbowl halftime show ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn’t watch halftime show. I’d rather shoot my foot than listen to that “chuka fucka “ shit.
I can listen to that (might not like it but can understand it), but damn like I said before, I could not understand 1 word they said. I mean hell I dont like Frank Sinatra but atleast I know what he's saying in his song. that shit yesterday sounded like like a bunch of ape's matting call at the zoo. I dont mind snoop in the commercial's but he is speaking words then !

Reactions: Michigan TJ
Dre's the only one over 50. But he was also NWA.
In all fairness it’s also equally as hard for me to watch someone like The Rolling Stones play. There’s something slightly disturbing about watching geriatric Mick Jagger (78) move around on stage and worry that he’s going to break.

Mary J Blige is 51 and Snoop is 50. So they’re not that old, but it’s clear watching their performance that they don’t have that energy they used to in their prime. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, it’s just slightly odd to watch (for me at least).

273496099_4779624358752508_8081450854125043556_n.jpg

In all fairness it’s also equally as hard for me to watch someone like The Rolling Stones play. There’s something slightly disturbing about watching geriatric Mick Jagger (78) move around on stage and worry that he’s going to break.

Mary J Blige is 51 and Snoop is 50. So they’re not that old, but it’s clear watching their performance that they don’t have that energy they used to in their prime. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, it’s just slightly odd to watch (for me at least).
Yeah and Snoop had to smoke just before popping up to sing too. I find him hilarious.

I can listen to that (might not like it but can understand it), but damn like I said before, I could not understand 1 word they said. I mean hell I dont like Frank Sinatra but atleast I know what he's saying in his song. that shit yesterday sounded like like a bunch of ape's matting call at the zoo. I dont mind snoop in the commercial's but he is speaking words then !
You need the with lyrics versions. Eminem world record below.

On the third verse of ‘Godzilla’, Eminem raps 229 words in 30 seconds. That breaks out to 7.6 words-per-second or 11.3 syllables-per-second.

• Wow
Reactions: pc1p and tworley
You need the with lyrics versions. Eminem world record below.

On the third verse of ‘Godzilla’, Eminem raps 229 words in 30 seconds. That breaks out to 7.6 words-per-second or 11.3 syllables-per-second.

Impressive, though I think Busta is still the King of Speed... Busta adds tone, inflection, pauses, and more. I saw him in concert years ago and he was walking around doing full verses while walking up stairs, high-fiving the crowd, etc. It was like he was having a normal conversation...

Reactions: Ephry73
Impressive, though I think Busta is still the King of Speed... Busta adds tone, inflection, pauses, and more. I saw him in concert years ago and he was walking around doing full verses while walking up stairs, high-fiving the crowd, etc. It was like he was having a normal conversation...

Now that’s one guy I actually do like.

Reactions: pc1p
My wife and I loved it. We are 35 years old and that music was a huge part of our high school years. No doubt there will be the older folks who will clutch their pearls and act like the show was such an atrocity, but I think people of my age range liked it.
I was listening to Dre much before that. ;)

The show was a bit sad, mostly because the material was just that, old. Even Kendrik who is a "newer" artist, didn't have new anything to show for.

Reactions: pc1p
didn't watch the game, but I'm watching the halftime show on Youtube because of this thread, and typing my reaction live.

I didn't hate Snoop and Dre. I could understand them well enough.

Can't understand 50, but I couldn't 20 years ago, either. Lacking energy. Most of the entertainment value in his show is his...ahem...surroundings.

Never really was into MJB. Even more lacking energy. They cut to Snoop down in a room on the couch for a few seconds and gave me hope her segment was over and it was back to him, lol. Pretty underwhelming.

Kendrick Lamar happened after I'd pretty much checked out of popular music so while I'd probably recognize something of his, I don't think I could name anything and I don't recognize what he's doing here.

I thought Eminem was ridiculous back he started growing on me around 2005-ish.

Alright, bring it back to Snoop and Dre, and close it without having to watch 50 or MJB again. Thank you. Could have traded those two out for somebody like Busta. Don't know what Lil Kim is up to these days but she was entertaining to watch, if nothing else.

Overall I get the reach for nostalgia. They must figure the typical superbowl viewer must be about my age (38). Would have been nice to have some genre diversity, but sticking to a genre is easier than trying to put Eminem in a show with a 90's alternative band from the LA area like The Offspring or something; not that it hasn't been done before.

I guess it all comes down to preference. I like Eminem because I can understand nearly everything he says. I'm also impressed by the way he works and works to rhyme words that don't rhyme.

That said I can't stand Eminem's views on pretty much anything. His following video is one of the most disturbing things I've seen and he's using it as a vehicle to take rights away from law abiding people, which I can't agree with. I wish he was much more Kid Rock than California mindset.

They were all Dre produced artists. So they weren't going to bring in any outsiders.

The dancers with Lamar had Dre Day sashes on.

Reactions: Ephry73
Maybe not washed up, but when you’re nearly 60 and still pretending to be a gangsta rapper…well you do the math. Go listen to the lyrics of some of their more recent stuff. They’re still pretending like they’re really bad asses 😆
Yah, that in itself is the problem with 90's rap and many of the artists that took that influence. The one's that had continued success into their later years, are no longer anti-establishment. They're posers. Sort of like Howard Stern 😂