How do I fix an axle leak?

Where is it leaking from? The tube (end near the wheel), pinion seal (where the driveshaft connects), or diff cover?

Well, tuned in here to see what this dude found out, but turns out he bailed.

I have a rear axle leak. At least that's what I think it is..Don't know how to fix or what it should cost to have a shop fix. Any suggestions. Pics attached.

20210222_122623.jpg

20210222_122616.jpg

Likely a brake leak or the axle seal. Is your master cylinder low?

Well, tuned in here to see what this dude found out, but turns out he bailed.

I have a rear axle leak. At least that's what I think it is..Don't know how to fix or what it should cost to have a shop fix. Any suggestions. Pics attached.

View attachment 228810

View attachment 228811
Brake fluid leak. Gear lube makes your tire darker and is more of a clinging mess. *

*as with most pics on here...some of it is guessing as it's not always crystal

Reactions: Wittakoski
Yeah, sorry...I'll try to get better pics. In either case, I'm not very mechanical and will be seeking a professional to help remedy. Any idea what it would cost to fix either a brake or axle seal leak?

Yeah, sorry...I'll try to get better pics. In either case, I'm not very mechanical and will be seeking a professional to help remedy. Any idea what it would cost to fix either a brake or axle seal leak?
Brakes would be fairly cheap. If that's the problem worse case your looking at new drums/wheel cylinder and best it's the copper crush washer. The axle seal would require a shop press and would likely be 2 hours of shop time. Under 300 is my best guess either way.