How do I wire a soundbar dome light to the door switch?

Kurt_S

Supporting Member
So I added a soundbar to my '97 TJ Sport, which never had one. I'd like to wire the soundbar to the door switch, but can't find a "how-to" anywhere. I ran wires from the plug, and I know it's the pink & yellow that are for the light. Any help would be appreciated. Also... how do you get the switch out of the door jamb?

IMG_0836.jpeg

IMG_0838.jpeg

IMG_0842.jpeg

IMG_0852.jpeg

IMG_0853.jpeg

IMG_0855.jpeg

Okay, I got the switch out and found a diagram. Can I splice wires together? Red = pink and black = yellow on the soundbar plug.

Dome Light Circuit-JPEG.jpeg

Door switch.jpg

Power for the dome light goes through the wiring harness under the door sill. I found the correct wire on mine down there and spliced into it. Then I continued along back towards the seat belt and up inside the roll bar cover to the hoop so I could still remove the upper door section and fold down the windshield. You only need to run one wire, the ground wire can just be attached anywhere up by the dome light to the roll bar. Once you get the correct color wire you can just look for it anywhere near the driver seat and splice if you want or run the whole length from the switch.

wiring.jpg

Edit: I have a 2004 but I think the harness is still down there on yours