How does someone own a Jeep for 26 years and only out 1900 miles on it?

The pictures in the ad indicate the Jeep to be in OUTSTANDING condition and may have been garaged and forgotten almost all of its entire life.
The shady side would be that the Jeep was created starting with a Jeep in good condition, thoroughly detailed and instrument cluster replaced starting from ZERO....
With either scenario... I would suggest a thorough inspection of the frame internals since the vehicle was registered in states with ALOT of snow.

Reactions: hear and BillW
It still lost 1/2 it’s original purchase price.
Some of us have multiple vehicles and do not drive them very much. I’ve owned my YJ for 32 yrs and only put on 15k miles in that time. But everyone was a hell of a lot of fun. It most likely sold at an estate sale.

7vnj8f.jpg

By driving it 73 miles per year.

Reactions: BillW
my guess is some old fart that had enough dollars to let $20k of them sit in a corner 99% of the time and only used it to take his ol' lady out for dinner at 4pm when the weather happened to be nice...until her arthritis got bad enough she couldn't get in and out of it anymore, and it sat for another decade plus until ending up in their estate sale.

As one commenter put it, "This is a base model jeep with absolutely nothing special about it except the fact that it has ridiculously low miles. This bid was more than fair and it should have sold."

I don't follow these auctions but surely someone's seen a TJ or LJ Rubicon with absurdly low miles...I wonder what they typically go for...

Reactions: ragdoll and BillW
my guess is some old fart that had enough dollars to let $20k of them sit in a corner 99% of the time and only used it to take his ol' lady out for dinner at 4pm when the weather happened to be nice...until her arthritis got bad enough she couldn't get in and out of it anymore, and it sat for another decade plus until ending up in their estate sale.

As one commenter put it, "This is a base model jeep with absolutely nothing special about it except the fact that it has ridiculously low miles. This bid was more than fair and it should have sold."

I don't follow these auctions but surely someone's seen a TJ or LJ Rubicon with absurdly low miles...I wonder what they typically go for...

I know where a Solar Yellow LJR and a Flame Red TJR with 2500 and 3500 miles respectively are located. They sit in a climate controlled building. He won’t sell them. I told him if he ever did to let me know. He keeps airplane fuel in the lines when he’s not using them. I don’t know all the stuff he does to preserve them, but I did see him driving the TJR once.

What happens if they put a brand new motor in it? Would the mileage start back at Zero?

It still lost 1/2 it’s original purchase price.
Some of us have multiple vehicles and do not drive them very much. I’ve owned my YJ for 32 yrs and only put on 15k miles in that time. But everyone was a hell of a lot of fun. It most likely sold at an estate sale.

so you think in '97 it sold for $56K ? I don't think so !