How have you customized your TJ for your dogs?

WLDRIDE

WLDRIDE
Supporting Member
Thing 1 and Thing 2 like to go with me, but don't both fit on the front passenger seat. Has anyone else created a Jeep adventure seat for their dogs?

Dog Seat.jpg

Dogs on Seat.jpg

I built this simple shelf for my buddy's dog to lay on when we go hiking/camping. It sits flush with the tool box and all our gear fits underneath. I lay a blanket on top and the doggo is happy and comfortable. The slim cooler is just the perfect size for the TJ and is more than sufficient for a day trip.

One good thing about having a TJ is that the limited cargo space has really helped me pare down what I carry. I am very happy with my gear selection now and how it's just the right size without being to little or too much.

IMG_20200905_170229.jpg
PXL_20201011_235427249.jpg
PXL_20201011_235437854.jpg

Last edited:
I built this simple shelf for my buddy's dog to lay on when we go hiking/camping. It sits flush with the tool box and all our gear fits underneath. I lay a blanket on top and the doggo is happy and comfortable. The slim cooler is just the perfect size for the TJ and is more than sufficient for a day trip.

One good thing about having a TJ is that the limited cargo space has really helped me pare down what I carry. I am very happy with my gear selection now and how it's just the right size without being to little or too much.

View attachment 288835View attachment 288836View attachment 288837
That's cool how everything is the same height. And I like the D-rings on the shelf so that you can strap things down.

That's cool how everything is the same height. And I like the D-rings on the shelf so that you can strap things down.

Thanks. The cooler and toolbox were specifically chosen with this sort of a setup in mind. I have a couple of flat folding camp chairs that I take that fit perfectly in the gap between toolbox and the tub. The plywood shelf is sturdy enough for me to stand on and it does double duty as a side table with the camp chairs if I need it. Folded hiking poles go behind the toolbox. Boots go in a milk carton behind the passenger seat on top of the toolbox. Everything I carry fits nicely in this setup.

Reactions: WLDRIDE
I had two Labs. I used a special leash in my truck bed and would transfer to my CJ, it hooked on the tie points in the bed/tub. It had a latch for the collar, each dog had one and it centered them in the bed/tub. I used a thick rubber mat on the floor to give traction. You always want to secure your dog or any load, not just for roll over but any accident.

If it’s not tied down, its a projectile.