How much $$$ do you have invested in your TJ?

UPJOHN

TJ Enthusiast
I paid $4800.00 for mine, put a $300.00 soft top on it and daily drive it. It came with aftermarket bumpers, a 2" lift, and 31" tires. I don't have plans to build anything more than a reliable DD.

Reactions: Sasquatchewan
Want a list? It will make you cry. Purchase $7600, initial maintenance and minor repairs $2,480. Bimini top, seat covers, grab bars, shift knob and minor cosmetics $342. Replace differential and power steering $3,700, replace motor, exhaust manifold, coil, u-joints and numerous other items $4,216 and finally replace master & slave cylinder and o2 sensors $765. Waiting to heard what front drive shaft replacement is going to run then I should be done. I only know all these figures because I did them all since October. New side mirrors but those were a Christmas gift. Oh and I just ordered a hood decal that says 97 wrangler for $14 - LOL. Son in law says all she needs is lift and big tires but I like it stock.

Paid $10k for mine with 90k miles. Have about $3500 in lift, wheels, tires, bumpers, sliders, winch, tune up, fluids, soft top windows, undercoating, and other misc...
So I've got about $13,500-$14,000 in it. I'm sure there's no way I could get that out of it. But you know what, I don't care, cause she ain't goin no where! lol

20151216_151549_zpsmiehb5ay.jpg

Mine the day I saw it for sale. I bought it the next day.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I paid 19k for it and I would say I've got about 12k into it so far with no end in sight.

IIRC, I paid around $7,500 for mine and have put about $300 into it so far for "upgrades". She had just less than 80,000 miles on the clock. Probably a little less than $300 in maintenance items like wiper blades and oil changes etc. Runs like a champ so far.
Jeep_DS.jpeg

Only additional parts so far are front and rear tow hooks, Hella headlights, mount brackets for the hi-lift, grab handles so the wife can get in easier and the under seat lock box. The tires came off my old XJ, so they were a sunk cost already.

I purchased my LJ Rubicon for $18,500 and have put ~$1500 in it getting the bumpers, sliders, & quarters re-powdercoated/Line-Xed, ~$200 for the Savvy LED tail lights, $500 for Trek Armor (Bartact) seat covers, $500 for a set of Black Magic brake pads/rotors/calipers, $500 dollars for an OME HD 2 1/2" lift & shocks (Craigslist find), $300 for a Trektop NX (another Craigslist find), & ~$1200 in a set of 255/85R16 Open Country M/Ts.

Next on the list are a set of Metal Cloak UCAs & LCAs, a Rokmen tummy tuck, and Rokmen gas tank skid.

Day 1 & Current (I still have the hard top)

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

For my daughter's LJ Sport I just picked it up for $9700. When she gets it on her birthday we'll set up a budget for it's first set of upgrades . . .

IMG_0301.jpg

10k here. And all the little accessories aka light bar, grip handle, extinguisher and holder, CB and mount, grill and light inserts, steel glove box, etc was all Xmas gifts so there is plenty of $$$ for upgrades to come lol
6c93124bbf767dc41046dd5319a73217.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

10k here. And all the little accessories aka light bar, grip handle, extinguisher and holder, CB and mount, grill and light inserts, steel glove box, etc was all Xmas gifts so there is plenty of $$$ for upgrades to come lol View attachment 1978

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm still jealous... What a great find!

Reactions: Shane Honeycutt
8k, bought back in September. Soon after I bought had a rear axle berring seal go, while I waited to bring it into a shop front pinion seal went. Got both repaired same time think around 450 all in. No mods yet, looking to pick up a rubicon express xj 3.5 of kijiji nxt week to put in. Either than that stock. With the Dana 44 rear (rocky mountain) pic of first day I took out got stuck till early morning on a Thursday night!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
5b21a20bf82977560dadbc97011d1f5a.jpg

Just got my 04' Rubicon a couple months ago. I Needed something that would be good in the snow and found this through a friend of a friend. I think I got a great deal but you guys can tell me since I'm new to the jeep game. For $10,000 it came with 85,000 miles, hard and soft top, 4.5" long arm rubicon express lift kit, warn winch, rear bumper upgrade, and 35" km2 tires. I've always been into fast cars so I'm looking forward to getting into off-roading. I do some hunting/fishing/camping so this should fit right in. I also live on Long Island so it's nice to get out on the beach.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just got my 04' Rubicon a couple months ago. I Needed something that would be good in the snow and found this through a friend of a friend. I think I got a great deal but you guys can tell me since I'm new to the jeep game. For $10,000 it came with 85,000 miles, hard and soft top, 4.5" long arm rubicon express lift kit, warn winch, rear bumper upgrade, and 35" km2 tires. I've always been into fast cars so I'm looking forward to getting into off-roading. I do some hunting/fishing/camping so this should fit right in. I also live on Long Island so it's nice to get out on the beach.

You lucky bastard! With 85k miles at 10k that is a STEAL! Seriously, you guys keep killing me with your good deals. I paid 19k for my 05 with 70k miles, but that's just what they go for up in these parts.

Bought my 05 new from Dave Smith in Idaho for about 27k.
Which was almost 13k less than sticker.
Now, in total, I have almost 20k in it with no end in sight. J. E. E. P.

Reactions: Chris
Bought my 05 new from Dave Smith in Idaho for about 27k.
Which was almost 13k less than sticker.
Now, in total, I have almost 20k in it with no end in sight. J. E. E. P.

You and me both. Lately I've had my eye on some Currie Dana 44 high pinion axle housings for the front and rear. I figure that might be the next thing I do.

You and me both. Lately I've had my eye on some Currie Dana 44 high pinion axle housings for the front and rear. I figure that might be the next thing I do.

I have the Rubicon D44s on both ends and they have held up well so far (dealer replaced rear end after about 4,000 miles with on off road. thrust washer got eaten and finally pieces took out the bearings.) After that no problems after several years of crawling around Moab. Now with about 400 pounds of torque I am just waiting for something to go pop! Then its on to 60s. This is what I mean about no end in sight.
When one deviates from stock there is no end in sight.

There may or may not be a descripency in what I have in this one (or the last one or those that came before) and what my wife thinks I have in it. Just sayin.........

Reactions: Reign Mack
There may or may not be a descripency in what I have in this one (or the last one or those that came before) and what my wife thinks I have in it. Just sayin.........
I have had 4 different versions of the CJ, a YJ, a pure TJ, and now this LJ Not to mention 3 Willies or Jeep pickups. Lets not bring up wives and jeep monies in the same topic. P L E A S E !:eek:

I have the Rubicon D44s on both ends and they have held up well so far (dealer replaced rear end after about 4,000 miles with on off road. thrust washer got eaten and finally pieces took out the bearings.) After that no problems after several years of crawling around Moab. Now with about 400 pounds of torque I am just waiting for something to go pop! Then its on to 60s. This is what I mean about no end in sight.
When one deviates from stock there is no end in sight.

I know, I hear you completely. There's never an end in sight for me either. May as well just go straight to 60s, haha