How much does my completely stock, 2003 TJ weigh?

My '03 Rubi weighed 3700 on truck scale, 6 cyl, manual, winch, soft-top, 33 x 12.5 x 15s, steelies, no spare, curb weight. I've heard Rubis weigh 300 lb more than Sports? Factory brochure says 3418, factory likely shows dry weight.

IMG_5411[1].JPG

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
I weighed my previous TJ with aluminum wheels, RE long-arm suspension, basic armor including steel corner guards in the rear, steel rocker guards, and aftermarket steel bumpers and it was an even 4100 lbs. on a truck scale. I don't recall if it had a hard top on that day but probably not.

Reactions: Kenneth G Zinis
My '03 Rubi weighed 3700 on truck scale, 6 cyl, manual, winch, soft-top, 33 x 12.5 x 15s, steelies, no spare, curb weight. I've heard Rubis weigh 300 lb more than Sports? Factory brochure says 3418, factory likely shows dry weight.

View attachment 351202

Hard to think of where the 300 pound difference would be. The 241 and the front Dana 44 center section plus the locker pumps probably amount to a third of that. I could see maybe a hard top Rubicon vs a soft top sport.

Reactions: Kenneth G Zinis
Hard to think of where the 300 pound difference would be. The 241 and the front Dana 44 center section plus the locker pumps probably amount to a third of that. I could see maybe a hard top Rubicon vs a soft top sport.

I realize it's been nearly two years since the last post in this thread, but I just recently weighed my '03 TJ Rubi, so I thought I would add a data point just for fun...

3750 lbs with soft top, including half-doors with soft uppers, spare tire, but no back seat. My only added armor is a Savvy gas tank skid which is a negligible increase over factory weight. My only other "added" weight would be the LT285/75/16 GY MTRks vs the original 245s

Last edited:
I realize this is a nearly two year old thread, but I just recently weighed my '03 TJ Rubi, so I thought I would add a data point just for fun...

3750 lbs with soft top (including half-doors with soft uppers, spare tire, but no back seat. My only added armor is a Savvy gas tank skid which is a negligible increase over factory weight. My only other "added" weight would be the LT285/75/16 GY MTRks vs the original 245s
5000 lb at loves scale with gear- full tank 1 full Jerry can and engine-t/t skids (yikes)

IMG_8315.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Wildman and Rickyd
I weighed my '98 Sahara back in 2019, completely stock and with both the hardtop and softop (and the softop windows in the cab), with a full tank of fuel and my tool bag in the back. 3383.65 lbs.

loves scale

is this a thing at just any random Loves location? I might pull into one in the next week and roll across the scale.

last weight I got was on my way into the metal scrap yard with the back seat area full of heavy steel parts that had no resale value.

• Haha
Reactions: ColoJeep
is this a thing at just any random Loves location? I might pull into one in the next week and roll across the scale.

last weight I got was on my way into the metal scrap yard with the back seat area full of heavy steel parts that had no resale value.

Yes if you go to a loves truck stop,if the scale is empty just pull on it and get out and there is a speaker there and just press the button and she’ll tell you to pull around and she will charge you 10 bucks and give you a slip with your weight.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low