How much lift does my tj have?

All 4 Wheelin'

Jeep dogs are people too
Lifetime Supporting Member
After a 15yr absence from the joys of jeeping, I have jumped back in with both feet. I bought an 02 Sahara with126000 on it. 2 previous owners and the original owner had a lift installed. The second owner said it was a 6" lift which I highly doubt. There's no documentation to determine brand or lift amount. The help I need is a couple of stock dimensions. The first would be the distance between top of front axle to bottom of frame. The second would be length of stock sway bar link.
I have 33x12.50x15 tires. My links are quick disconnect 10.5" center of bolt to center of bolt. Distance between axle and frame is 10". It does have a drop steering arm. Thanks for any information.

Measure coil springs top to bottom. Stock front springs measure 12", rear 8". Anything above that would be your lift height. Don't measure the upper rubber spring isolator. Pics would help too.

Thanks. Measured front springs at 15". Just verified my gut feeling.
1032.jpeg

Looks nice...welcome to the group. I would remove the milk jugs but that's a personal taste type thing. One question, do those wheels glow in the dark?;)

Looks nice...welcome to the group. I would remove the milk jugs but that's a personal taste type thing. One question, do those wheels glow in the dark?;)

Haha, I haven't looked at it in the dark. Came with that obnoxious peal off paint. Figured I would run with it for now. As for the jugs, I'll be upgrading bumpers front and rear. For now I'm just going after some much needed maintenance. You know, leaking valve cover gasket, ditto on the pan and rear main seal.

Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited
Looks like a 2.5" to 3" lift!

Is it a coincidence that the wheels match the license plate of that truck behind it? :risas3: