How much money have you put into your TJ build?

They completely made a new shaft at a cost of $857. Insurance covered it and I think they seriously screwed the insurance on this job. Complete job was $9400. Not to sure I will do more business with them.

Tom Wood charged you $857 for a new shaft? Wow... that's awfully expensive... a lot more than I would have thought it would be.

Reactions: MaloStapalo
Oh man... I am too lazy to return it to stock, haha. The tummy tuck, the gas tank skid, the bumpers, winch, lift... It would be so much work and labor I don't even think I could bring myself to do it.

At this point I've just insured the vehicle for the extra money I've put into it, that way I'm covered no matter what. I figure one day when I die, one of my three kids can inherit it. I figure by that time it will be pretty damn cool to be rolling around in.

I probably have on mine 10k on parts only, labor is labor, right?

But Chris you touched on something, that I have not been able to pin down, Insurance! What insurance company do you use? And what type of policy do you have? My insurance is not willing to cover moran than 6k over blue book value, Progressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I probably have on mine 10k on parts only, labor is labor, right?

But Chris you touched on something, that I have not been able to pin down, Insurance! What insurance company do you use? And what type of policy do you have? My insurance is not willing to cover moran than 6k over blue book value, Progressive.

I have PEMCO. I need to actually revisit my policy and call them tomorrow. It may be time to get an appraisal on my vehicle for insurance purposes.

I have PEMCO. I need to actually revisit my policy and call them tomorrow. It may be time to get an appraisal on my vehicle for insurance purposes.

Thanks! I am going to give them a call and see what they can do for me.

Reactions: Chris
I’m currently deployed right now. We get extra pay, tax free, and all that good stuff. Since we have been here I have spent approximately $15000 on parts. This is stuff like a metal cloak long arm lift, a full set of armor, wheels, and cosmetics. Needless to say once I get home I have a lot of work to do.

Just ask the missus!
1 million.jpg

Ya'll have me scared now! LOL I am at about $1200, in total. Of that, $400 are mods and the rest maintenance related. I am just beginning to get into the modification side of things. Fortunately I am still well under what a local Jeep in this condition goes for. Things on the horizon for next year - re-gearing, winch, SYE, better lift/shocks. It has been easy to convince the wife that I need to spend the $$ for maintenance, gonna need to be a bit more creative with some of the new stuff!

Just heard a song that made me think of this thread. Tim McGraw’s It’s a Business Doing Pleasure With You. I especially liked the line “Lord my Mom would beat me senseless if she saw what I was spending on you”

Reactions: Ted05Rubi
How much have I spent? Uh,can we talk about something else?

Reactions: JMT
I decided to sit down today and add up all the money I've spend on mods for my TJ thus far. This is the number I came up with:

$17,286

Keep in mind the prices that I used to get this number are the absolute lowest prices I could find on all of the parts I bought, literally. Many of those prices included discount codes as well as lots of comparing prices on different sites (Amazon usually being the cheapest).

I'm also not factoring in shipping costs, which on some of the items were very expensive. Case in point, the shipping alone on the Vanco big brake kit was $100, and the shipping for the Rokmen skid plates was another $100. I speculate I've spend at least $1500 or more in shipping alone! Oh, and let's not forget the $1000 to install new gears!

The point I'm trying to make here is that building a capable Jeep with quality parts IS NOT cheap. Could I have done it for cheaper? Of course I could have. However, I'm using the best-of-the-best in terms of parts.

What gets me even more is that I've probably got at least another $5000 to dump into it.

Man... these things really are money pits!

Okay, so how much do you guys and gals think you've dumped into your TJ? I'm talking about mods, not maintenance or labor costs.
I'm up about 2 G myself Fenders, Front Bumper, Halos

Reactions: Chris
I'm cringing at the idea of how much money I'll be putting into it in the next few years. Already looks like I might need new rear gears. Lesson has been learned, even though it was stock with low miles, doesn't mean the owner kept up with regular maintenance.

I'm just under $12,000 in parts. That includes the initial $750 purchase price, plus the cost of a few parts I'm going to flip, and deduct from the cost. I still think it'll cap out at between $12,000 and $14,000. I have almost everything I need, except time...:cautious: Lockers will be the last big purchase once it's been on the road for a while.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
just added this up for my little brother. He wants to build a tj just like mine. With out the jeep I spent $23000.00 on parts and $12500 for the jeep back in 2003.

I decided to sit down today and add up all the money I've spend on mods for my TJ thus far. This is the number I came up with:

$17,286

Keep in mind the prices that I used to get this number are the absolute lowest prices I could find on all of the parts I bought, literally. Many of those prices included discount codes as well as lots of comparing prices on different sites (Amazon usually being the cheapest).

I'm also not factoring in shipping costs, which on some of the items were very expensive. Case in point, the shipping alone on the Vanco big brake kit was $100, and the shipping for the Rokmen skid plates was another $100. I speculate I've spend at least $1500 or more in shipping alone! Oh, and let's not forget the $1000 to install new gears!

The point I'm trying to make here is that building a capable Jeep with quality parts IS NOT cheap. Could I have done it for cheaper? Of course I could have. However, I'm using the best-of-the-best in terms of parts.

What gets me even more is that I've probably got at least another $5000 to dump into it.

Man... these things really are money pits!

Okay, so how much do you guys and gals think you've dumped into your TJ? I'm talking about mods, not maintenance or labor costs.
Is this a record for you Chris ??