How much money should I ask for my Jeep?

Rusty Rivets

I’m not trying to sell my Jeep on here, just curious of how much I should ask for it. I have a 2002 Jeep Wrangler sport with 132,000 miles on it. It has a 4.0 straight six and I had the transmission rebuilt about 500 miles ago and it has a warranty. It has brand new black procomp steel wheels and brand new dick cepek mud terrains on it, 33-10.50-r15. It has a 10,000 pound smittybilt x2o wireless capable winch mounted on a eag front black bumper. Thoughts on pricing?

E738B439-21EE-4F97-B065-FCE20A54612B.jpeg

Price/value varies from location to location. So, you tell me what your Jeep is worth.

When I consider any used vehicle I start by looking underneath for sin. How does it drive? IMHO the more stock a Jeep has the greater the resale value. My next Jeep will be a blank canvas.

Last edited:
Even if we gave you a "what we think it would be worth here in the state of xxxxxx", it's really hard to say from one pic.

I can tell you this; if you have a clean Wrangler with very few issues, showing that in your pics when listing it will make a huge difference. Show CLEAR photos of things others do not, like detail shots of the frame, engine area, and interior. If you wow potential buyers with the pics, you'll get people seriously looking at it pronto, and being much less likely to try and low-ball you. And, if they do try to low-ball, you can just say "no, it's worth way more than that; just look at the condition".

Reactions: 05 Blue Unlimited
Modded Jeeps are extremely hard to value. If someone loves the mods, more money, if they don't less. I'm in no way criticizing your Jeep, but if I were interested, I'd factory in:

Replacing the steel wheels.
Removing, and or replacing the side steps.
Replacing the front bumper.
Replacing the fender flares.

And that's just the first things I saw from the pic. In person there may be more, or not. Again, that's just me, and the reason why a solid value on a non-stock vehicle cannot be determined. I'm just giving you an example of a potential buyer.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Another factor is going to be what lift/suspension is on there to accommodate the 33" tires. Depending on that, it could add or subtract value. I'm seeing aftermarket control arms, but cannot tell what they are.

Bottom line, if you want a true valuation, you should list all that's been done to the Jeep that you are aware of. With pictures of said modifications.

I’m not trying to sell my Jeep on here, just curious of how much I should ask for it. I have a 2002 Jeep Wrangler sport with 132,000 miles on it. It has a 4.0 straight six and I had the transmission rebuilt about 500 miles ago and it has a warranty. It has brand new black procomp steel wheels and brand new dick cepek mud terrains on it, 33-10.50-r15. It has a 10,000 pound smittybilt x2o wireless capable winch mounted on a eag front black bumper. Thoughts on pricing?

View attachment 87514
I bought my Jeep with almost a 150,000 on it for 10 G which had a lot less than what you have on yours! your winch is what couple grand?

I check craigslist daily (Middle TN) for parts or parts Jeeps, you could put it up for $10K and sit on it all summer. If you want to sell it, $8500/$9k.
Put it up for 10500 and figure out what you are willing to accept, no one here can tell you what the Jeep is worth to you.
And by reading/inquiring to some ads, not many people don't care about what axles are under it, rather, is it a clean jeep for Instagram pictures. There is a really nice 97 with a rubicon driveline that has been sitting on CL for almost 9 months. Very little people care what "mods" you have.

Last edited:
I do like your tire/wheel setup but I passed on MANY Jeeps that had brand new tire/wheels because the seller wanted their money they had just put into new tires/wheels that I did not like.

Reactions: Farmergreg
Modded Jeeps are extremely hard to value. If someone loves the mods, more money, if they don't less. I'm in no way criticizing your Jeep, but if I were interested, I'd factory in:

Replacing the steel wheels.
Removing, and or replacing the side steps.
Replacing the front bumper.
Replacing the fender flares.

And that's just the first things I saw from the pic. In person there may be more, or not. Again, that's just me, and the reason why a solid value on a non-stock vehicle cannot be determined. I'm just giving you an example of a potential buyer.
Not to derail the thread but factoring in what you would want to do to the jeep does not affect its value. Only what you might be willing to pay. However in the end that is all any item is worth, that is, what is someone willing to pay.

I think @TJ Hunnicutt makes an excellent point which is to highlight those areas where jeeps have problems to show yours is solid. If you don't I think you are wasting time and hurting yourself. I mean why try to conceal frame rot when an inspection makes the issue very apparent.

Also, what is the market like in your area? If rides in the condition yours is in sell for 2K there is no way you can get much over that. So that the demand must be there for any supply at the price offered.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt