How much should I ask for my hard top?

Hi...we are in KS ... we bought a hardtop for our 2000 TJ 2 years ago...kept in storage, with wiper etc...$700...during the summer...we have a soft top too. I would not consider selling it.
We shopped a lot before finding an acceptable top...they are few and far between....and I understand ... aftermarket tops lack fitment...

Huge spectrum of opinions here has me very curious to know what OP nets on the sale.

We can ask anything for any item. In the end, it comes down to what someone is willing to pay. OP might even get (lets just say) 2k if someone really, really wants a clean, tan top for their TJ. 🤷‍♂️

I mean I wouldn't pass on a tan hard top in good condition (depending on price). And I'm a fellow Midwesterner! let me know @heyburt444 !
We are in KC area...we shopped quite a bit...and saw several , worthless, tops being offered....got lucky..found one in Iowa, which had been kept in a barn....we made the trip...it is OEM...paid $700...happy to have it for winter use.

We are in KC area...we shopped quite a bit...and saw several , worthless, tops being offered....got lucky..found one in Iowa, which had been kept in a barn....we made the trip...it is OEM...paid $700...happy to have it for winter use.
I’m from the KC area, just moved to Wichita 2 years ago. So I keep an eye out for Jeep things within about 200 miles of Wichita and KC since my family is still up there and it gives me an excuse to visit. $700 is a good price though!

Reactions: fourpointzero
2 years ago, I paid $1400 for my tan top. It had a $125 Yakima wind deflector, a $300 +/- rack (Adventure? brand), new window struts, was in pretty good shape and I only had to drive 30 minutes to get it.

I’m from the KC area, just moved to Wichita 2 years ago. So I keep an eye out for Jeep things within about 200 miles of Wichita and KC since my family is still up there and it gives me an excuse to visit. $700 is a good price though!
Trevor...on FB Marketplace there are 2 hard tops available...both over $1000 ...one real nice tan top in Minnesota...a person would really want one badly to travel that far ... although we drove to eastern Iowa for ours !! Anyhow, it appears clean , i $1350
97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ Hard Top
$1,350
Listed 2 days ago in Milaca, MN

the other one is in Enid, OK ... it is faded black ... has a crack in it...the guy wants $1350 ... I wouldnt touch it for that...as the crack is serious !

Jeep Wrangler TJ hardtop
$1,350$1,500
Listed a week ago in Enid, OK

Trevor...on FB Marketplace there are 2 hard tops available...both over $1000 ...one real nice tan top in Minnesota...a person would really want one badly to travel that far ... although we drove to eastern Iowa for ours !! Anyhow, it appears clean , i $1350
97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ Hard Top
$1,350
Listed 2 days ago in Milaca, MN

the other one is in Enid, OK ... it is faded black ... has a crack in it...the guy wants $1350 ... I wouldnt touch it for that...as the crack is serious !

Jeep Wrangler TJ hardtop
$1,350$1,500
Listed a week ago in Enid, OK
I’ve seen the one in Enid I think. The guy says the crack could just be painted over? I’m not on FB but sometimes it lets me see a few things on market place before kicks me out for not having an account.

I’ve seen the one in Enid I think. The guy says the crack could just be painted over? I’m not on FB but sometimes it lets me see a few things on market place before kicks me out for not having an account.
That crack in the top in Enid.....personally, I wouldnt get unless you can 'steal' it....It needs to be repaired correctly....that fellow is waaay out of line on his asking price....he already dropped the price to compete with the one in Minnesota....and that one appears to be in terrific condition. To me...if we had not found ours at a good price, at that time....we would still be using our soft top 365 days a year !