How much thread run out is too much on Savvy short arms?

J R

Here for the food.
Supporting Member
In the process of getting the front and rear dialed in. (Pinions, cycling, bumpstops etc.)

How much thread run out is too much? What would be the max recommendation be.

I had to bring my front lowers about as short as they would go and the uppers have about 11/8” of threads out to get my pinion set.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. If I’m incorrect calling it thread run out let me know and I’ll correct.

Last edited:
How much thread is threaded in? With less than 2" of thread showing I would think you have more than enough still inside. If you look in and measure the length of threads in the arm, anything more (as in more Male thread on the adjustable part) is extra and not used to hold it in place. Like the threads that stick out past a nut in a normal nut/bolt system.
Hope that made sense 👍

How much thread is threaded in? With less than 2" of thread showing I would think you have more than enough still inside. If you look in and measure the length of threads in the arm, anything more (as in more Male thread on the adjustable part) is extra and not used to hold it in place. Like the threads that stick out past a nut in a normal nut/bolt system.
Hope that made sense 👍

Yes I think I can see were you are going with that.

With out me taking the arms off and apart to measure, I believe the uppers have 2 1/4” of thread and the lowers are 3 1/4”.

Just trying to figure out what would be max out/ min in recommendation.

@mrblaine

Can you shed some light on this? Hopefully I’m making sense.

Yes I think I can see were you are going with that.

With out me taking the arms off and apart to measure, I believe the uppers have 2 1/4” of thread and the lowers are 3 1/4”.

Just trying to figure out what would be max out/ min in recommendation.

@mrblaine

Can you shed some light on this? Hopefully I’m making sense.

I took the joints out before installing mine for reference later on. The upper joints are a 3/4" diameter shank with 2-1/8" threaded length. The lower joints are a 1" diameter shank with 3-1/4" threaded length.

Reactions: J R
I took the joints out before installing mine for reference later on. The upper joints are a 3/4" diameter shank with 2-1/8" threaded length. The lower joints are a 1" diameter shank with 3-1/4" threaded length.

Thank you for that, I did the same but don’t remember where I wrote it down lol.