How much will it cost to get my 2002 Sahara back on the road after sitting for 4-years?

Countrygirlkat74

Anyone on here have a rough estimate on how much it will cost to get my jeep back on the road after sitting for 4 plus years? I need new tires and a new cat system on top of it all

That information is too general to put a $ figure on. It might fire right over or need a host of work done to it, there's no way for us to know.

First thing I'd do is put a little oil in each spark plug hole, make sure the engine turns by hand, drain the old gas, put some fresh gas in & see if it starts.

About $3.50
1616520986935.png

Anyone on here have a rough estimate on how much it will cost to get my jeep back on the road after sitting for 4 plus years? I need new tires and a new cat system on top of it all
In addition to the above, plan on oil change, air filter change, power steering fluid flush, coolant flush, new coolant hoses, new serpentine belt, brake fluid flush, parking brake cables, brake service, new plugs/wires/distributor cap & rotor, fuel system flush, lubrication of all lube points, new battery, a few cans of liquid wrench, and most likely some wiring repairs if the rodents have gotten hungry. If you need to get to a shop, factor in a tow truck fee as well. You may also need a new water pump and thermostat. Fuel system and brakes are going to be your high cost items, depending on condition.

Self-repair (estimate on parts costs):

6 qts of 10W/30 engine oil and filter: $30
air filter: $12
power steering fluid; $20
Coolant: $50
Coolant/heater hoses and clamps: $75
Serpentine belt plus tensioners/pulleys: $75
Brake fluid: $10-20
Parking brake cables and adjuster: $80
Brake service-depends on condition
Plugs/wires/rotor/distributor cap: $65
Battery: $100 and up
Liquid Wrench-$10
Brakes: depends
Fuel system: depends.

Reactions: D M
If you can provide us with more details we can give you a more accurate answer. Does it currently start?

Don't fret OP. I watched many hours of The Price is Right (Bob Barker years, not Drew Carey) while sick or skipping school, so I'm somewhat of an expert on such matters.

My answer; $1,654.72.

Don't fret OP. I watched many hours of The Price is Right (Bob Barker years, not Drew Carey) while sick or skipping school, so I'm somewhat of an expert on such matters.

My answer; $1,654.72.
What if she paid the entire amount with 1$ bills?

Weird.

• Haha
Reactions: Kid Mechanic
I'd round up to $1,655 to cover a $.28 bill counting service fee.
Wear gloves and spray Lysol on those bills there. She earned all those at her Job.

Hopefully @Chris doesn't drop the BanHammer on me for being so sexist on his site.

When KoontryKatGurl returns she may be offended.

Wear gloves and spray Lysol on those bills there. She earned all those at her Job.

Hopefully @Chris doesn't drop the BanHammer on me for being so sexist on his site.

When KoontryKatGurl returns she may be offended.
Nothing sexist about it. Sure she might be offended, but its the same way boogie paid for his... ahhh i let the Kat out of the bag...

• Haha
Reactions: Cross-Threaded-06TJ
Nothing sexist about it. Sure she might be offended, but its the same way boogie paid for his... ahhh i let the Kat out of the bag...
@Chris should amend his Rules for the site that all dumb questions must be asked on Tuesday's. So, if a person thinks their question may be dumb just ask on Tuesday.

The rest of the week is straight forward TJ Tech. With the occasional massive nuclear derailment.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris and Vasq
@Chris should amend his Rules for the site that all dumb questions must be asked on Tuesday's. So, if a person thinks their question may be dumb just ask on Tuesday.

The rest of the week is straight forward TJ Tech. With the occasional massive nuclear derailment.

Pretty sure if she has half a brain she'll just ignore your ass ;)