How not to get out of a speeding ticket

Ask @AndyG how to get out of a speeding ticket ! :ROFLMAO:

pYDAQQ.gif

I love watching Fridays with Frank on Youtube.
*Pull over in a safe spot for the officer.
*Roll down All the windows.
*Turn off the engine, place the keys on the dash and turn on the interior lights at night.
*Keep both hands on the wheel.
*Let the officer talk. He’ll tell you why he stoped you.
*Don’t lie to him but you do not have to tell him everything. If they ask me how fast I think I was going my response is always “Not until I saw your lights and I looked down at the speedometer and I said Shit”.
*Keep them calm and in control. You can always contest it in court. But the outcome will always be better for you if you are calm and respectful to them.
I’ve been stopped many times over the years and have only received 2 tickets. Once because I was caught by a plane and was already logged in by the plane. The last one was for doing 92 in a 55 in the desert at 1am. Highway Patrol wrote me for 60 in a 55. I could have been take to jail for 37 over the limit. This being Ca it still cost me $500 for the ticket and traffic school.

I love watching Fridays with Frank on Youtube.
*Pull over in a safe spot for the officer.
*Roll down All the windows.
*Turn off the engine, place the keys on the dash and turn on the interior lights at night.
*Keep both hands on the wheel.
*Let the officer talk. He’ll tell you why he stoped you.
*Don’t lie to him but you do not have to tell him everything. If they ask me how fast I think I was going my response is always “Not until I saw your lights and I looked down at the speedometer and I said Shit”.
*Keep them calm and in control. You can always contest it in court. But the outcome will always be better for you if you are calm and respectful to them.
I’ve been stopped many times over the years and have only received 2 tickets. Once because I was caught by a plane and was already logged in by the plane. The last one was for doing 92 in a 55 in the desert at 1am. Highway Patrol wrote me for 60 in a 55. I could have been take to jail for 37 over the limit. This being Ca it still cost me $500 for the ticket and traffic school.

Last time I got a ticket, many years ago, I had just been passed by someone going way over the speed limit.

I proceeded to drop a couple gears and pass the guy back.

The police officer saw it all.

Pulled us both over.

I told him my ego got to me.

He said that was obvious since he had me "out the front of his car at 92 and out the back going a hell of a lot faster"

I did all the right things, was respectful, and got a ticket for 80 in a 70 which was the same as 71 in a 70 so no big deal.

Paid my $140 fine.

He did tell me I had a nice car though.

Reactions: Squatch
That guy (motorist) was such a douche nozzle! I couldn’t finish the video

At times even though the officer seems well intentioned and possibly trying to be a comedian for the camera he does a good job sounding like a dick at the same time.

I drove my rig with Canada plates for 10 years in az and used to get out of tickets by speaking heavy broken English and handing over my registration card that was all in French. the registration/insurance document was bilingual but had separate tear offs so I'd only keep the French version in my car. I'd get a kick when the cops would walk back to my car and say "we can't understand a damn thing calling these people" and I'd respond with some broken "I'm so sorryyyyyy je ne blah blah" frenglish shit only to be let go with a warning. never got a single ticket and worked flawlessly until I moved to cali.

CHP pulled me over about a year after I moved. wasn't doing anything wrong, he just didn't like my québec license plate. well the hack didn't work and the fun times began after that..

importing a vehicle that's been in the US for over a decade isn't a straightforward process :ROFLMAO:

At times even though the officer seems well intentioned and possibly trying to be a comedian for the camera he does a good job sounding like a dick at the same time.

^^^This^^^
I can barely stand to listen to him. His "I wanna be a YouTube star" persona grates on my nerves. I have more appreciation for the Joe Friday types.

1702930811443.png

Last edited:
Last time I got a ticket, many years ago, I had just been passed by someone going way over the speed limit.

I proceeded to drop a couple gears and pass the guy back.

The police officer saw it all.

Pulled us both over.

I told him my ego got to me.

He said that was obvious since he had me "out the front of his car at 92 and out the back going a hell of a lot faster"

I did all the right things, was respectful, and got a ticket for 80 in a 70 which was the same as 71 in a 70 so no big deal.

Paid my $140 fine.

He did tell me I had a nice car though.

My last ticket was similar...thought I didn't pass the guy back. I was letting someone else pace me...in other words, I would follow someone doing the same speed I wanted to travel, and let them be the "blocker." I was following someone doing 70 in a 55. He must have seen the cop before me and slowed down enough cuz I got pulled over. Once the formalities were over, I asked him why he pulled me over and not the guy that was ahead of me. Thats when the officer told me he had slowed down and I didn't. This was in college and I was travelling to Grand Rapids from Houghton (about 500 miles) and I was in the middle of nowhere, Upper Penisula. They would give you 10 over, no problem, but 15 over was too much. Still only wrote me a ticket for 5 over.

My last ticket was similar...thought I didn't pass the guy back. I was letting someone else pace me...in other words, I would follow someone doing the same speed I wanted to travel, and let them be the "blocker." I was following someone doing 70 in a 55. He must have seen the cop before me and slowed down enough cuz I got pulled over. Once the formalities were over, I asked him why he pulled me over and not the guy that was ahead of me. Thats when the officer told me he had slowed down and I didn't. This was in college and I was travelling to Grand Rapids from Houghton (about 500 miles) and I was in the middle of nowhere, Upper Penisula. They would give you 10 over, no problem, but 15 over was too much. Still only wrote me a ticket for 5 over.

A few years ago we were one our way back from Mackinaw on 2, in the UP, probably getting close to Manistique.

I was leading the way but since I run a Valentine One as soon as it chirped I kicked off the cruise.

Guy behind me ended up getting pulled over.

😁

Reactions: Mike_H
A few years ago we were one our way back from Mackinaw on 2, in the UP, probably getting close to Manistique.

I was leading the way but since I run a Valentine One as soon as it chirped I kicked off the cruise.

Guy behind me ended up getting pulled over.

😁

I've experimented with detectors (but not a valentine). I've never found them to be reliable enough for my taste. They either go off ALL the time, or they don't...and you may as well not have one then.

Since they've changed the speed limits to 65 through most of the UP and 75 in the lower pennisula...I don't find myself wanting to go much faster than that anymore. 80-85 MPH in my truck BURNS the fuel...

I've experimented with detectors (but not a valentine). I've never found them to be reliable enough for my taste. They either go off ALL the time, or they don't...and you may as well not have one then.

Since they've changed the speed limits to 65 through most of the UP and 75 in the lower pennisula...I don't find myself wanting to go much faster than that anymore. 80-85 MPH in my truck BURNS the fuel...

The arrows on the Valentine One were a game changer, I won't go on a long trip without it. I travel with it, for rentals, and have used mine on the same roads officer Friendly above is patrolling.

Reactions: Mike_H