How to clear/reset b0, b8 and open panel Instrument Cluster Errors

John Scoggins

TJ Enthusiast
Can the B0, b8, and Open Panel errors found during an Instrument Cluster test be cleared, or do they clear on their own once the problems are corrected?

I ask because I have those errors and I think that I have corrected them, but the codes still come up. Below is a nutshell of what issues I have found and what I did to correct them: (Sorry tried not to write an essay)

Oil pressure gauge went to 0psi, tested engine and pressure is good. I ran the instrument cluster test and found those errors and also found that the air bag light was not lighting up during the test. Removed the Instrument cluster, cleaned the two connectors behind the cluster reinstalled and the oil pressure gauge works and the air bag light now illuminated during start up and goes out after self test is done. Tested the IC and still had the b0, b8 and open panel codes.
Ordered a new multifunction switch (the bright light were difficult to switch on and off anyway and factory fog light green symbol would not light up), it came in Monday. Interestingly Monday, before I got home from work to change the switch, my daughter called and said the blinkers would not work and when she tried to put the jeep in park or neutral with the jeep running the starter would try to engage. Had here shut off the jeep, restart and blinker started to work and starter acted normal. Replaced the switch, blinkers work, fog light indicator now illuminated on cluster and no starter problems, jeep running fine everything working but the cluster still shows the b0, b8 and open panel codes.
My questions is can those codes be cleared, if so how, or do they go away on their own when the problems are corrected, meaning I might still have some issues to find.