How to fix seat wobble specifically back rest

TJacked

Hi, so my 2002 jeep tj has recently been yellow stickered.

One of the items in the list post inspection was to fix the seat wobble and he was referring to mainly the back rest of the two front seats which have quite a lot of play in them. (The part that can collapse down so people can access the rear seats.

Was wondering if anyone had a fix for this. I know about replacing the bushings on the bottom so it can slide and roll forward easier but I don’t think that will fix the issue I have. Cheers

BD2FC567-A545-4FC5-8B86-9166616E8C31.jpeg

DB33F078-EA3D-49A7-8362-DEAADC6A01F8.jpeg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, replacing the bushings for the fold and tumble mechanism will tighten up your seats. Do not buy the 3D printed junk, period. The best method is to make your own by cutting down specialty nylon sleeves and washers that you can find at a hardware store.

Check this out:

Reactions: CreepinDeth
Yes, replacing the bushings for the fold and tumble mechanism will tighten up your seats. Do not buy the 3D printed junk, period. The best method is to make your own by cutting down specialty nylon sleeves and washers that you can find at a hardware store.

Check this out:

Cheers I’ll be doing that,
There is mainly a lot of play in the rear back rest of the seat where it can collapse will this fix that as well? When we was checking it he was mainly referring to that.

There is mainly a lot of play in the rear back rest of the seat where it can collapse will this fix that as well? When we was checking it he was mainly referring to that.

My passenger side did that one time and I thought something was broke. Turns out the latch wasn't catching on one side. It fixed itself, guess it was just dirty.

If the bushings shown in the thumbnail of that video are worn, broken, or missing, your fold-and-tumble seat will pivot at the rear and the whole thing will rock back and forth. If the bushings are tight, they will restrict that movement.