How to freshen these up

9nick0

What's everybody doing to restore their factory fenders? These need to be touched up.

IMG-6029.jpg

IMG-6028.jpg

take them off completly clean them reaaaaaal good with some acetone like 99% acetone. then get ya some really good trim spray paint and paint it up. what ever color or tint you like. i always go flat but you can get crazy and even clear coat would look good with that red

take them off completly clean them reaaaaaal good with some acetone like 99% acetone. then get ya some really good trim spray paint and paint it up. what ever color or tint you like. i always go flat but you can get crazy and even clear coat would look good with that red
What Jeff Said. The only caveat is I used Raptor Liner aerosol, (got it from Autozone of all places), and painted mine, and I really like the textured finish.

Good post many members have painted or coated theirs with good results

Reactions: 9nick0
Prep is key. Dont waste your time painting. Unless you sand them with grey autobody scotchbrite pads, dawn dish detergent, acetone, adhesion promoter and then good paint. Follow the directions on the cans too. Dont let it sit overnight.

By the looks of them they've been faded then painted then flaking off. I would strip all that paint off. It does not look like a solid base to paint over.

Prep is key. Dont waste your time painting. Unless you sand them with grey autobody scotchbrite pads, dawn dish detergent, acetone, adhesion promoter and then good paint. Follow the directions on the cans too. Dont let it sit overnight.

By the looks of them they've been faded then painted then flaking off. I would strip all that paint off. It does not look like a solid base to paint over.
Honestly I don't know what is on those fender flares. I think they came from the front tires throwing something on them before I purchased them. Whatever it is you can scrape it off and it leaves a faded under side. It doesn't come completely off. What color would be suggested if I wanted to do a one can job for both of them? Preferably something from Lowes.

Honestly I don't know what is on those fender flares. I think they came from the front tires throwing something on them before I purchased them. Whatever it is you can scrape it off and it leaves a faded under side. It doesn't come completely off. What color would be suggested if I wanted to do a one can job for both of them? Preferably something from Lowes.
Sem landau black is the best color match. But anything black will do.

OP your flares look like mine. Faded almost blue grey under a coat of paint. And the paint is flaking off. Ill bet if i drove down a gravel road mine would look just like yours.

These are mine.

Screenshot_20210608-113856_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210608-113842_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210608-113902_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210608-113849_Gallery.jpg