How to get the rear track bar realigned after spacer lift?

Dyl

Hi guys,

So we were installing a 2inch spring spacers for my TJ (rear). Removed sway bars, lower shock mounts and disconnected the track bar (from frame end) to drop the axle low and was able to install the spacer and put the old springs back on.

Now the issue is I can't get the track bar to realign as seen in the pics. I tried tried while the jeep on jack stands as well as putting the tyres on and using the weight of the car to see if it will realign but no it didn't! What should I do? Revert it back and remove the spacer, reinstall the track bar and try to get the spacer and spring back on or is there an easy way out?

Many thanks..

IMG_20210523_191604.jpg

IMG_20210523_191533.jpg

You can stick a large screwdriver in the hole and move it that far.
I tried that as well but couldn't get it aligned enough to fit the bolt.

I'm thinking...I remove wheels, put it back on jack stands and if I rock the axle sideways I should be able to get it aligned, shouldn't I?

I tried that as well but couldn't get it aligned enough to fit the bolt.

I'm thinking...I remove wheels, put it back on jack stands and if I rock the axle sideways I should be able to get it aligned, shouldn't I?
No need to remove the wheels. Jacking up one side will move it.

Do I use the ratchet strap while it's sitting on its tyres or need to put the rear back on jack stands ?

I've done it sitting on its tires... You may be able to push the body or bounce it to help move it a little

You do it while on its tires that way one of the two parts (frame and axle) are stationary.
This is my first time doing something like this so please excuse me.

If I understand correct, if it's on its tires, wouldn't both the axle and frame be stationary as the axle is connected to the frame via shocks, control arms?

I don't have a ratchet strap. So without using a one I should still be able to do it as follows ?

"I remove wheels, put it back on jack stands and if I rock the axle sideways I should be able to get it aligned, shouldn't I?"

This is my first time doing something like this so please excuse me.

If I understand correct, if it's on its tires, wouldn't both the axle and frame be stationary as the axle is connected to the frame via shocks, control arms?
You are actually correct, but this way the axle will not slide around or the Jeep fall to the ground while on jack stands...