How to install aux transmission cooler?

Mora

TJ Enthusiast
This is one of the first things mechanically (not even that it is much mechanical work) I am doing on my jeep (any vehicle for that matter) so I want to make sure I know what I am doing. Been looking up videos but can't seem to quite understand it yet. I bought a B&M 70264 SuperCooler and I know the mount procedures due to a forum member who wrote up a guide on how to install it.

So basically, I find the line that comes from the transmission to the radiator then I locate the line that goes from the radiator back into the transmission. I take that line (the ones that returns the cooled ATF) that goes back into the transmission and plug it into my aux transmission cooler then I take the hose they gave me and I plug that into the other end of the aux cooler and that goes into the transmission? How exactly do I know which line is which? I have a 2005 SE.

Are there any precautions I should take when doing any of this? Of course, I have the car cold but besides that is there anything I should take precaution in?