How to make the best on-road TJ/LJ

Just food for thought to all. Comparing 20 yrs ago to today doesn't work, because our feelings and our bodies are different. I'm now about 70 and over my life time I've owned 15-20 different jeeps. My brain says something and my body says something else. I've had the comfort of a 4 door jeep, but I still bought another 2004 2 door Rubicon and I love it. Stupid is as stupid does

Just food for thought to all. Comparing 20 yrs ago to today doesn't work, because our feelings and our bodies are different. I'm now about 70 and over my life time I've owned 15-20 different jeeps. My brain says something and my body says something else. I've had the comfort of a 4 door jeep, but I still bought another 2004 2 door Rubicon and I love it. Stupid is as stupid does
Forty years ago I had a CJ5 Renegade that came with heavy-duty suspension (seven leafs at each corner). Worst ride quality ever - after 3 ~ 4 hours it would just beat you to death, (even though I was a much younger man). Much happier with the TJ coil setup. :)

Reactions: lowranger
No you're not stupid. I also am close to 60 and still is driving TJs (and a JK) oems. Way back then in the island, I started driving jeeps when I was 10. We love jeeps and that's a fact of our lives.

So, you guys applying dynamat or other materials. Do you live in areas that rust is a problem? I'm hesitant to do anything like that, for fear of creating more problems. If anything, I'm going to raptorline my tub and add some of that recycled felt to the underside of bedrug.

No you're not stupid. I also am close to 60 and still is driving TJs (and a JK) oems. Way back then in the island, I started driving jeeps when I was 10. We love jeeps and that's a fact of our lives.
Thx glad to know. After World War 2 my dad bought a WW1 surplus Jeep, that was our 1st intro to jeeps. Been fond of them ever since

So, you guys applying dynamat or other materials. Do you live in areas that rust is a problem? I'm hesitant to do anything like that, for fear of creating more problems. If anything, I'm going to raptorline my tub and add some of that recycled felt to the underside of bedrug.
might want to take a look at post #113

https://www.heatshieldproducts.com/db-skin

a spray on soluiton from a company who specialiezes in DB and heat reduction...