How to Restore a Compressed Seat Cushion Edge

Interesting, I didn’t know steam would bring it back like that. I wonder if you could get the same results without have to take off the upholstery

Interesting, I didn’t know steam would bring it back like that. I wonder if you could get the same results without have to take off the upholstery
With cloth upholstery it's definitely worth a try, I haven't tested it personally yet. I don't think the steam would penetrate leather or vinyl. It could also potentially shrink either of those, which is a desirable effect in some instances, but not helpful for restoring the foam

Project Build, maybe you could find someone to trade 1/2 doors for correct color?
Definitely worth a look if I come across any black ones. I got the half doors for a good price and I'm interested in learning how to do automotive painting as it would serve me well going forward so I'll likely just repaint them here before summer. I've used an hvlp gun for woodworking several times now and figure it's not too terribly different than that

Another “it’s just $30” Jeep part on its way. Walmart had this for $30
BISSELL Powersteamer Extended Reach Hand Held Steamer - 2994W
https://www.walmart.com/ip/117482122
Let everyone know how that one works! I think it will be fine as long as you don't tip it forward too much. One with a flexible hose/handle is a bit easier to manage but they are more expensive so it would be good to know if you get good results with that cheap handheld one

after and before Will take a drive later today.

BE24C573-E55B-4B99-B0CC-8608B58145A1.jpeg

8172CF53-61F2-4B43-87B7-8CD29263797A.jpeg

Reactions: Project Billd
Not knocking @Project Billd. I bought a $30 steamer and I got its value out of this restoration. Local shop wants $150 a seat to replace the foam which I think is fair but this let me pickup a new tool and delay spending $300 on my seats for a another few months.

• Love
Reactions: Project Billd
Great Vidio, My wife can't get in my jeep either. I may have to do something like that also. Looked around for small steps with no luck. I had a 1979 Suburban I had a big lift put in it and I found really nice aluminum steps from J C Whitney. I wish I would have kept them. Thanks for the Vidio.