How to Upgrade Wiper Control Switch/Stalk?

SSTJ

———
Lifetime Supporting Member
My 97 SE came with a wiper control switch/stalk that only has "Lo" and "Hi". See first pic below.

Is it easy to replace it with one that has the "Delay" option, as in the second pic below? These are cheap on eBay, and I'm wondering if I can just swap it out?

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 15.51.06.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 15.50.11.png

Can you get an OEM one from a junk yard Neon?

Sure, I have OEM in mind. It's just that some of the OEMs came with the "Delay" option (second pic), whereas mine did not (first pic). I'm just wondering if it's an easy swap, or if I would have to replace anything else in the process.

Sure, I have OEM in mind. It's just that some of the OEMs came with the "Delay" option (second pic), whereas mine did not (first pic). I'm just wondering if it's an easy swap, or if I would have to replace anything else in the process.
A easy as pulling the cover off the steering column and removing a wiring connector.

Reactions: SSTJ
A easy as pulling the cover off the steering column.

Wow, this just made my day. It has always bothered me having to manually toggle the wipers when my "Lo" speed is too fast for the conditions. If I can really just plug in one of these, it'll be one of my favorite cheap upgrades.

Wow, this just made my day. It has always bothered me having to manually toggle the wipers when my "Lo" speed is too fast for the conditions. If I can really just plug in one of these, it'll be one of my favorite cheap upgrades.

ages later, here I am, asking if it was that easy. did you just plug the new one?

Reactions: Wildman