Howdy Jeepers

bexar_bones

Hey everyone, big jeep wave from Texas, I've spent more than a little time learning and researching on this forum over the years so I figured I'd come on here and first say thank you to Chris for making this such a great resource and to all the smart folks on the forums for sharing their knowledge and making this never ending jeep project more approachable. Can't thank y'all enough.

Got my '04 TJ X as my first vehicle fresh out of military school and I never looked back. Wish I had some finished pics to share but its been a project just bringing it back from the dead.

firstday_cropped.png

High school me on graduation day with my new TJ back in '04

1147775613_k-rocks0019.jpg

signal-2023-06-21-160758.jpeg

Me as a broke college student with my sister trying to look cool at Katemcy Rocks in '05 or '06. Random hodgepodge of lift parts for 3.5" lift with a hack-n-tap, open diffs Dana 30/35 combo - real hardcore stuff. Daily driver to and from college every day.

20161028_181913b_cropped.png

10 years later...graduated college, got married, bought a house, had a kid...and dusted off the old jeep to bring her back to life in '16. Completely replaced the entire cooling system, fixed RMS leak, bunch of bearings, seals, and hoses. Slowly building up my tools...

IMG-9501.jpg

Most recent pic I have 2022...before I sold the PSC rockers and armor, installed a Savvy UAM, SS SYE, 4" lift, 1.25" BL, etc... and am slowly getting it there. Currently doing my first regear & lockers on the Dana 30/8.8. I've got a kingpin HP Dana 60 set aside for its next phase in life - currently not a daily driver but want to be able to count on it when needed.

Anyways - thanks again!

Welcome to the club. Nice looking ride and a looong history ; ). Let us know how the re-gear/lockers go.

I like the way you grew up an got rid of the stickers. I love it when people keep their first cars. My mechanic kept his first car 7o Chevelle SS