HRNT: Part 2

Travis

TJ Enthusiast
It's been a busy week, HRNT came back from the shop, with new main seal & bearing kits on both front and rear. Fluid flush, front brakes & plugs/wires. She's running beautifully, no vibration or noise whatsoever. It goes back into the shop on Wednesday for the shocks, springs & and new windshield hinges, I'm anxious for that.

I was bought some goodies during the week and got most of it installed over the weekend. The major purchase being a hard top, I got a killer deal on it! It needs a paint job, there's lots of trail rash on it, but overall it's in great shape. It had a bike or luggage rack mounting base system on it, which I removed. I covered those holes with flex tape until I can fill them in and get it paintied. I may paint the inside as well, I'm not a huge fan of the white. I love how HRNT looks with a hard top, just awesome.
20170902_121513.jpg

20170903_122457.jpg

20170903_142426.jpg

I also added a Rampage Products H4 headlamp upgrade kit, very good IMO, even without the upgraded harness, they put out much more light than the stock candles. Definite improvement & they look nice too. I had been eyeing the dark side marker's for awhile, so I went ahead and got some of those too.
20170903_140058.jpg

Good to have you back on board again @Travis and HRNT is looking better than ever...The marker lights really suit the black body colour.
Looking fwd to seeing how it looks after next week upgrades..

Reactions: Travis and Chris S
Good to have you back on board again @Travis and HRNT is looking better than ever...The marker lights really suit the black body colour.
Looking fwd to seeing how it looks after next week upgrades..

Thanks @Kiwi TJ, I like the marker lights too, they fit the Jeep. I was surprised how big and stout the socks and springs are. That stuff is gonna look and ride good!

Congrats @Travis! Based on those photos you posted, HRNT is looking really clean. It looks like everything turned out in your favor in the end. This is one of those situations where I call it a blessing in disguise.

So just so I can play catch up... Does it now have a branded title? Did you get any extra insurance money on top of getting the vehicle back?

Reactions: Travis
Congrats @Travis! Based on those photos you posted, HRNT is looking really clean. It looks like everything turned out in your favor in the end. This is one of those situations where I call it a blessing in disguise.

So just so I can play catch up... Does it now have a branded title? Did you get any extra insurance money on top of getting the vehicle back?

Yes, @Chris, it does have a salvage title, and yes I did get some money on top of what I bought it back for. I did around 5k worth of work to it total. So, yes I agree, this was a blessing in disguise. It needed the work, I should be good going forward.

Yes, @Chris, it does have a salvage title, and yes I did get some money on top of what I bought it back for. I did around 5k worth of work to it total. So, yes I agree, this was a blessing in disguise. It needed the work, I should be good going forward.

Very cool! As long as you plan on keeping it, then the salvage title doesn't really affect anything at all!

Sooooo next week you'll be rollin rollin rollin on new shocks and springs?....what shock and springs did you end up going with in the end?

I like that...the blue could look great under mine..So that will raise you 1 or 2 inches ?

1'-1.5", Bruiser would look great with some blue springs like that. That matches you perfectly. I hope they look good on HRNT, I think they will.
Yeah I think it will look great and very patriotic too boot :emoji_flag_lr: lol

I'm wondering if they do a 2' spring?...might have to do a bit of detective work on that one.

I got the new shocks and springs installed last week. HRNT rides so much better than it did before & the new set up gave me 1.5" of lift. I knew those old springs were sagging, but I didn't think it would change to look this much. I really like it, she's finally sitting level & has much better road manners. I am extremely happy with the ride quality, the difference is noticealbe.

I have been reading some How To threads about toe in and alignment for our TJ's, seems pretty straight forward, so I'm going to be doing that.

I also installed the new windshield hinges. I'm not happy withe the way the Crown Automotive one's fit and should have bought the Mopar set I was looking at. They didn't cover the entire un-painted area underneath and had some gaps on top. I filled that gap with some RTV until I can get some paint under there (or buy the Mopar set o_O).
20170917_175946.jpg
20170917_172712.jpg
20170918_084321.jpg

Wow, she looks great! You'd never even know anything happened to her in the first place. Great choice on not letting your TJ get auctioned off and stripped down.

Reactions: Travis