Ride of the Month Winner
First the Bronco and now this,

The Hummer EV

2020-hummer-ev-reveal-offroad-008-GMC-Hummer-BT1XX-FN-v1-0 (1).jpg

2020-hummer-ev-reveal-infinityroof-013-GMC-Hummer-BT1XX-FN-RoofOFF-v1-0.jpg

https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev
Thoughts?

Last edited:
I am not into electric but this is outstanding. Between the Bronco and this the Wrangler is going to be in serious trouble.

Good point. GM's styling has gone to Hell since around Y2K. The Aztek design language permeated the entire line, starting with Cadillac and moved right down. *blech* How did they screw up this EV Hummer? It looks like a Chevy/Bronco love child, not a HumVee!

Reactions: Rick Flair
Good point. GM's styling has gone to Hell since around Y2K. The Aztek design language permeated the entire line, starting with Cadillac and moved right down. *blech* How did they screw up this EV Hummer? It looks like a Chevy/Bronco love child, not a HumVee!

Zero idea. I haven’t looked at any of their vehicles on the last 10 years outside of the corvette and thought, damn that looks nice!!!

GM jumped the shark for me. About the only one I’d own is vintage.

Reactions: jeepguy03 and Zorba
I'd actually say it looks more like a jeep than anything else

CN020_001GWpk852tb5ireu77gm4d97s30amr-scaled.jpg

I don't really mind the looks. If an electric truck could go 300ish miles a charge while towing I'd check one out but until then it's just a crazy priced toy.

I kinda like the truck but not that price tag! I wonder if it pays off going electric than gas. Does the amount($) of electricity lower than the amount($) needed for gas.

edit: that thing can crabwalk that’s crazy

Reactions: jeepguy03
It looks like a modern day Chevy Avalanche and, at least to me, those are hideous.

0 to 60 in 3 seconds is a lame duck?

Yes because EV is not a viable option right now and it doesn’t compete with well, anything.

Tesla impressed me more with their fast car. At least that has a market.

🤷‍♂️

I don't really mind the looks. If an electric truck could go 300ish miles a charge while towing I'd check one out but until then it's just a crazy priced toy.

Yeah, the problem presents itself when towing or long highway driving.

I read an article somewhere recently talking about the Tesla Cybertruck and how all that power and torque to tow sounds awesome, but the fact of the matter is that if you actually tow all that weight, the battery is just going to drain like crazy.

I still think that the ultimate solution is a hybrid. A big battery for in town driving, but an I.C.E. that can be used for towing.