HVAC and wiper problems

Judoborna

Hi folks, looking for suggestions to fix my problems.
1. Wipers sometimes don’t turn on at all with the wiper switch. It seems to be totally at random when they choose to work or not. when they work , they work perfectly fine.
2. HVAC. Either all 4 settings work (but weak) or they don’t work at all. It also will start/stop working at random.

Thank you Jeep geniuses

Edit: 1997 4.0 sport

Last edited:
Yes that would help. 97 sport

With the wipers it sounds like it may be the wiper switch in the stalk which is easily replaceable and inexpensive. Upgrade to the switch with the delay so you can have intermittent wipers. It can be changed out in about 20 minutes. With the fan motor it could be several things or a combination thereof. If it is the original blower it's now over 20 years old and could be going out along with the blower speed selector. For starters you may want to jump out the motor with a direct 12 feed to see if it performs in it's normal high speed. My son's 2000 blower was doing a similar thing and replacing the blower and the fan speed controller cured it.

You also may have a lot of crap in the blower (leaves ect.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Judoborna
With the wipers it sounds like it may be the wiper switch in the stalk which is easily replaceable and inexpensive. Upgrade to the switch with the delay so you can have intermittent wipers. It can be changed out in about 20 minutes. With the fan motor it could be several things or a combination thereof. If it is the original blower it's now over 20 years old and could be going out along with the blower speed selector. For starters you may want to jump out the motor with a direct 12 feed to see if it performs in it's normal high speed. My son's 2000 blower was doing a similar thing and replacing the blower and the fan speed controller cured it.

You also may have a lot of crap in the blower (leaves ect.)
Thank you for your help! I will check it out!