HVAC Only Blowing Heat

jazz-n-tj

TJ Enthusiast
So I just finished replacing my heater core and in the process had to change out the entire HVAC black box due to cracks, see my other post a few weeks ago regarding that.

With that said, I finally found the part and was able to install it. I finally got to test drive it around today and found that it is only blowing heat. All fan speeds work, and air flow locations all work (face, feet, defrost, etc) but no matter if I move the knob from cool to hot, it only puts out heat.

Let me first start by saying I did not move over all the pumps, valves, motor from my old unit to the new used one because they newer one seemed to be in better shape.

My first thought was the replacement unit must have a defective blend door motor. When I got to work, I quickly checked to see if it was moving. I replaced my blend door motor on my old HVAC box about a year ago. It is moving a little less than a quarter of a turn. I cannot remember how much the motor should be moving but I kind of remember it moving quite a bit more than that.

Other than the blend door, what else could it be?
-Bad Blend door motor
-Missed electrical connection? (I don't think that this is the case since the blend door motor does turn some)
-Blend door in HVAC box was not seated correctly in the HVAC box when putting it back together after installing new heater core and AC Evap (I really hope that this is not the case because then I have to redo the entire job).
-Something else I am not thinking of.

I am planning on putting in my newer blend door motor this afternoon and seeing if that fixes it. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I was hoping to get my AC recharged today but I am going to hold off on that until I know what is causing this issue.