I am now a TJ expert (heavy sarcasm)

RedrumRH

WNC Asheville Area
Supporting Member
A buddy of mine just purchased a 99' TJ 4 cylinder, he got it for $1,500 and has spent another $6k on it at a shop. My point, he knows very little about the vehicle from a hands on perspective, he knows how cool it is of course and he loves driving it. He pays his mechanic for anything he needs. He started asking me stuff, and I was pretty shocked how much knowledge I now have after 9 months of tinkering and THIS forum. From HIS perspective I know quite a bit! An expert.... loL!! Still learning, know a little, but I had no idea how much I absorbed from reading lots of posts. Thank You everyone!

Oh yah, I had him take a picture of my forum bumper sticker (get one, your rig will instantly bee cooler:)) and said he must join. Another brother joining soon.

Reactions: StG58
Wait a forum bumper sticker?? I’m not a fan of them in general but I’ll gladly sport one from the forum!

Reactions: RedrumRH
If you hang around, you'll at least pick up the basics pretty quick.

There's a lot of stuff that I still struggle to wrap my head around that the real experts (like Blaine) know far better than I ever will. Being able to design a suspension that really works and performs in all the right ways, that's something that you really have to spend a lot of time (and lots of trial and error) to figure out. Being able to understand bump stop, up-travel, down-travel, roll center, etc., that's all good stuff to know, but it's something that most people don't really ever really get into since they'd rather just bolt-on a lift, expect it to work, and go. I totally understand that mentality as well. Some people just don't have the time to dedicate to fully understanding all the little details.

This site is a wealth of information for any one with a Jeep. Learned a lot for use on my stock TJ that I have no plans of modifying. But I do enjoy the technical information of the lifts and solving the problem associated with them, lots to think about, driveshaft angles, vibration problems, gearing with larger tire sizes, and enjoy the fun stuff too.

Great site. Thanks to everyone.

I have one of the "official decals" But I also cut my own:
wrangler tj 5.JPG