I hit a deer and dented my grille. Can I just put an angry bird grille over it?

If it isn’t horribly bent up would spray painting yours so that doesn’t rust away and cover with an overlay be an option. Recently removed the OEM chrome overlay from my 2005. Nothing wrong with it, just like look better without it. Certain we could work out better deal than the $300 they sell for on eBay.

73808A4E-A092-433A-9097-B1DFE09FF904.jpeg

BD561733-A7C4-4FDF-8D8B-E761E13B3A6B.jpeg

Reactions: KennedyLJ and Chris
Here are some pics. Its kind of ugly and I can't find a new affordable grille anywhere. Would I be able to get a grille cover and put that on the busted grille to make it look better and keep the old grille on? if so which ones are good and bad?
View attachment 185478
Well the answer is two part...yes you can put one of those on it, no, it won't look better if you do.

If it isn’t horribly bent up would spray painting yours so that doesn’t rust away and cover with an overlay be an option. Recently removed the OEM chrome overlay from my 2005. Nothing wrong with it, just like look better without it. Certain we could work out better deal than the $300 they sell for on eBay.

View attachment 185500
View attachment 185501
Love the offer! But I'm looking for a more immediate solution. Thanks for offering constructive comments!

My dad dropped a piece of wood on my Jeep in 2009 and dented the hood. If I ever decide to replace my failing paint, that dent is staying no matter how much other body work is hitting the Jeep. I’d run that smooshed grill without a second thought. You don’t own a Porsche.

OP, I think most people missed the point that you're selling it and "Character" dents drop the value a lot. After selling 18 of my Jeeps, I understand where you're coming from.

p.s. Make it look as good as possible before you list it.;) I covered my hood dent with tire tracks. I sold mine for $14,000 and nobody even tried to talk me down on the price or mentioned the dent. I'm so glad I got
it back now.

RUBI RED TRACK MARKS (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

RUBI SKEL 8 25 BEST PIC.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 185500
View attachment 185501

How hard is it to remove the chrome? I'm not a fan either, but didn't know it was an option to remove.

When I have shopped for jeeps in the past, i won’t even look at an add of a Jeep with an angry grill. It’s screams cheap and makes me wonder what other shortcuts was made.
I'm the opposite. When I see that grille or chrome twin tube bumpers, I'm in! It's a sure way to tell it's never been offroad or abused. I avoid any Jeep with pics showing how capable it is climbing rocks or going through mud pits. Then I know they've been abused and just cleaned up to sell. Been there, done that. Never again.

Reactions: 707kevin
OP, I think most people missed the point that you're selling it and "Character" dents drop the value a lot. After selling 18 of my Jeeps, I understand where you're coming from.

p.s. Make it look as good as possible before you list it.;) I covered my hood dent with tire tracks. I sold mine for $14,000 and nobody even tried to talk me down on the price or mentioned the dent. I'm so glad I got
it back now.

View attachment 185571
View attachment 185570
They did! I love that idea! Thanks!

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I bought mine with a few minor grille dents, after 2 years I just got the first question about them from another guy admiring the Jeep. Didn’t phase him now, or me then.