I hope no one got what I got for Christmas

Every time I get the stomach bug I think of an old Seinfeld episode where I think Jerry was talking about not having vomited in 9 years. My stretches are usually close to that but it's amazing how it can be so unpleasant that you can remember exactly when and where.

Of course, well into my 30s I had to add the qualifier "...not alcohol related". 🤣

I think of this every time I see a black and white cookie.

Most pleasant time vomitting:

(covered in case someone is easily grossed out...

I had a stomach bug when I was a kid. Thought I was over it and my mom gave me a cup of fruit punch. Well it tasted almost as good coming back up and was still cold. After vomiting, I thought, well that wasn't really that bad.

I went through cancer/chemo and was vomiting a lot. Brought peanut butter sandwiches to treatment figuring that would be good for some protein. After a few bad experiences... stopped bringing those. It's been over 10 years and I still won't eat a PB sandwich. Totally ruined it for me.

Another time when I had food poisoning on Thanksgiving night (from eating a Jack in the box burger), last thing I ate was a piece of Marie Calendars pumpkin cream pie. Haven't eaten pumpkin pie in over 20 years now. Not that I was a huge fan anyway.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
Another I got Covid for Christmas. Christmas Eve I blamed feeling poorly on alcohol. Christmas Day I knew it wasn’t the alcohol. Four days later I’m pretty much over it. Flu like body aches, runny nose, cough, and dizzy as if the alcohol set in. A bit weak today but getting my mojo back.

I'm hearing of several people who got Covid for Christmas.

A friend got confirmed Influenza A several days ago. Several in his family got sick with it as well. All bounced back in a few days it seems. I've not heard of a confirmed COVID case in my "network" other than my sister-in-law. She got it for a good week or so (she's 69 years old).

A few weeks ago our SF office had a few out with COVID... again it was a few days being sick at most.

Last edited:
A friend got confirmed Influenza A several days ago. Several in his family got sick with it as well. All bounced back in a few days it seems. I've not heard of a confirmed COVID case in my "network".

A few weeks ago our SF office had a few out with COVID... again it was a few days being sick at most.

I know of a guy who works in the Carolina's but lives in the northern midwest. His wife and kid found out they had covid so instead of spending Christmas with them he went and stayed with his father for the holiday. Both he and his father have now tested positive for covid.

• Sad
Reactions: suicideking
I know of a guy who works in the Carolina's but lives in the northern midwest. His wife and kid found out they had covid so instead of spending Christmas with them he went and stayed with his father for the holiday. Both he and his father have now tested positive for covid.

Having my sister-in-law coming down with COVID made my holiday much more Merry.... glad she powered through it in a few days but also glad she didn't come down for a week of..... well... I'm trying to turn over a new leaf and be nice OK.

• Haha
Reactions: TJ Jim
The only thing left is waking up drenched.

Just makes me feel bad about all the stories Roo told me about the years he spent at summer bed wetting camp.

I kidd I kidd 😉😉

My son and his friends all got both Covid and the flu this year over Christmas Break. My poor boy was trying so hard to be upbeat when opening presents but he was totally drained.

Somehow we managed not to get it. Or at least didn't test positive. Wife and I have to test with symptoms due to work. We have just been tired and filled with snot.

Tons of kids this break with RSV and respiratory infections. (wife is a peds nurse)