I lost this bolt does anyone recognize it

garet f

I saw this bolt on the ground under the very front passenger side of my tj. I was wondering if anyone could identify where it goes?

IMG_5819.JPG

IMG_5820.JPG

IMG_5821.JPG

Looks like a front fender flare bolt, one of the one that goes up inside the lower rear portion of the front fender.

If it has an 8mm/5/16" head on it, likely from the fender flares/extensions but those are typically black oxide. If it has a 13mm head, and no obvious paint, it is likely from the back of the fender where it attaches to the firewall or the front section facing back that attach the fender to the grill. Body color paint usually indicates it is from the sides facing out where the fender attaches to the grill.

Given the size of it, my guess is also fender flare or the flare behind the front wheels, although I’m shocked that it would work itself free. I had a bitch of a time with mine.

Looks exactly like one of the four bolts that hold on the plastic cover for the front anti-sway bar, two on each side of the frame rail. If the head is 3/8", that would be my guess.

Looks exactly like one of the four bolts that hold on the plastic cover for the front anti-sway bar, two on each side of the frame rail. If the head is 3/8", that would be my guess.
Not those, they are flange head, not captive washer and they are pointed body bolts.

Reactions: Chris
looks like a bolt from removing the fendar that i removed when replacing my fendar.....:) like on the front grill part where its bolted on