I love that brown truck... it has begun!

ScottB

TJ Enthusiast
Well, all of the stuff started arriving today.:dancer2:

20180329_173938.jpg

20180329_173943.jpg

20180329_173959.jpg

20180329_174045.jpg

20180329_174138.jpg

20180329_174207.jpg

20180329_174305.jpg

20180329_174429.jpg

I have the same bumpers and winch sitting in my hallway. Actually installed the rear bumper last night. Well sort of. I did not drill the holes or install the inner bolts. Right now it just has the two upper and the one lower bolt on each side. I could not figure out how to accurately mark the frame for drilling the inner holes without completely mounting the bumper...then got lazy once I did and cannot quite get any drill in there with the bumper on to do the drilling.

Anyway, a tip with the back bumper. The bolts that come with it are a bit too short. You can make them work, but the nuts are lock nuts and with the bolts as short as they are when tightened they do not even engage the Teflon/plastic in the locking nut. The bolts appear to be 1". You need 1.5" M40. I will be changing mine out one at a time as soon as I can get to Home Depot...

Also if you don't have help, you will want to have jack stands nearby. Put the bumper up close to where it mounts and rest it on jack stands (put towel on the jack stands). That will let you get the lower/underneath the bumper bolts started. Put your jack (with a blanket on it) under the edge of the bumper on the end and jack it up enough to be able to get the upper bolts through the holes. Otherwise they will not go. Repeat for the other side. Don't completely tighten the lower/underneath bolts until you have all the upper bolts in and mostly/not all the way tightened...

I will be installing my front bumper and winch in the next couple days. Debating on installing the winch on the bumper first. Just afraid it will make the bumper too heavy for me to get it on by myself.

But you are getting much more serious with the other parts ole brown brought you...

Last edited:
My guy came today. Too bad stuck at work and have to stare at the boxes through security cams [emoji53]
IMG_0641.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JMT
My guy came today. Too bad stuck at work and have to stare at the boxes through security cams [emoji53]View attachment 37837

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
May I ask what security system you use, and if you are happy with it? I’m guessing you can view on your phone when away from home? Is it subjected to the New Jersey weather and how does it stand up? We returned the system we had and are researching what will work best for our set up. Thanks

May I ask what security system you use, and if you are happy with it? I’m guessing you can view on your phone when away from home? Is it subjected to the New Jersey weather and how does it stand up? We returned the system we had and are researching what will work best for our set up. Thanks

Yes, my cameras take a beating 365 days a year in NJ from sun, snow and ice. This particular set is made by Q-see. I do install them as a hobby/side gig and the app lets you stream or review your DVR remotely. Overall happy with them 4 years in the ownership but I may upgrade the cameras to 1080P for better resolution soon.

I'm gonna stop boring you guys with more pictures, but he showed up again today; with the last of the parts................for now.

The revolution 30 spline rear axle shafts and the SPOD are now sitting in boxes in my garage.

Yes, my cameras take a beating 365 days a year in NJ from sun, snow and ice. This particular set is made by Q-see. I do install them as a hobby/side gig and the app lets you stream or review your DVR remotely. Overall happy with them 4 years in the ownership but I may upgrade the cameras to 1080P for better resolution soon.
Wish you were closer we would have you come and install ours. Trying to figure out what will work with the weather, WiFi, etc....... I’ll have to look up Qsee. Thanks

I see there’s a discount if I state you referred me if we buy a system. If you are planning on buying your 1080 cameras through Q see, I would state you referred to give you a discount. What camera would you recommend if we are putting the camera outside and need the WiFi option?

I see there’s a discount if I state you referred me if we buy a system. If you are planning on buying your 1080 cameras through Q see, I would state you referred to give you a discount. What camera would you recommend if we are putting the camera outside and need the WiFi option?
I usually get my cameras through Amazon since it's hard to beat the price and convenience. You also mention WIFI. Is it because you don't want to run the wires? A wired system is a whole lot more secure and reliable than a WIFI one if the wiring is routed properly. I have only installed one set of Wifi cams at a customer house and that was because we were installing them indoors and aesthetics was a big factor.