I managed to fit 6.5 inch speakers in the front of my TJ - They sound amazing

JohnJ78

TJ Enthusiast
Got these pods from Ebay Australia (Australian made for 79 Landcruiser rear doors, not cheap, but did the trick.) I Glued them to the hard top using selleys "The One Adhesive" so I imagine they are not going anywhere soon. I left a slight gap in the glue so I could feed the wiring though, and make sure I did not make a fully sealed enclosure. Link to spacer pods

Used these Kicker CSC654 CS-Series 6-1/2-inch Coaxial Speakers, and damn do they sound amazing! Running straight off my Pioneer Deck, these are punchy as hell and sound phenomenal though all frequencies. $100, and they also handle up to 100 watts RMS, so would sound even better off an amp. I used to work in Car audio, and these speakers are easily as good as most entry level splits, if not better.

Anyway, this is one way to fit 6.5 inch speakers in the front of your TJ. Latches still open for roof removal, Sun visors still opens.

I'm running JBL GT7-6 inch speakers in the rear pods, but when I have some time I'm taking them out and swapping them for another set of these Kicker CSC654, I'm that impressed with them.

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.

I managed to fit 6.5 inch speakers in the front of my TJ​

Your title was really misleading. Kind of like putting "Check out my cute biker chick" and seeing this.:(

Biker chick.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Akitadog