I need extended parking brake cables

Jackjack97

TJ Enthusiast
I am in need of extended parking brake cables. I am running metal cloak 4.5” springs their rock sport shocks and home brew long arms. I also have a Dana 44 from a 98 tj with drums. I heard you can use the passenger cable for a YJ (Raybestos BC94371) but I think those may be a little to long. I think I can also use cables from a ZJ. Can any one confirm this or have input on this?

Do you have them fully backed off at the 'Y'? I'm having a hard time understanding how they can be too short unless they are not TJ parts or are set wrong. Anything hanging them up underneath?

Do you have them fully backed off at the 'Y'? I'm having a hard time understanding how they can be too short unless they are not TJ parts or are set wrong. Anything hanging them up underneath?
No the cables them selves may be Lon enough but the sheith that covers the cables connects to the body and cannot move as well as at the backing plate and cannot move. The sheith that covers the cable is the real problem.

No the cables them selves may be Lon enough but the sheith that covers the cables connects to the body and cannot move as well as at the backing plate and cannot move. The sheith that covers the cable is the real problem.
Something doesn't sound normal. Are you tightly routing the cable along the axle and control arms?

The sheath isn't supposed to be moving around. The cable moves through the outer cover. It is made to protect and guide the cable, with the cable extended out each end to connect the primary cable to the brakes.