I need some help with my AC

TJ_Man99

So a couple of days ago I was about to start the 7hr drive back home from where I go to college. When I first started the jeep, the AC ran cold, just like it always does. as I started driving, I noticed it was only blowing cold when I wasn't accelerating. I stopped at Chik fil A to get some food, and as I was sitting there, my AC started blowing cold again. At this point, I thought my AC was just being stupid and that everything was fine. But oh boy was everything not fine. when I got on the interstate, my AC started blowing hot, not just slightly cool like it had been doing. For the next 6 and a half hours, I had to drive with the windows down to get some sort of relief from the heat. I checked everything I knew to check, coolant levels, AC compressor engaging, and making sure the vents weren't blocked. what could it be? I don't have the time, nor the money to be testing and trying every little thing to find out what it is. any info on what it could be would be very appreciated.

I would suspect a vacuum leak as when you are sitting at idle the vacuum is at max and drops off as you accelerate which can shift the pneumatic actuators due to lack of vacuum. Take a look at all the connections on the intake manifold below the throttle body for any damaged rubber fittings and follow the lines on the diagram to check for damaged or cracked lines. Item # 8 is the reserve canister that stores vacuum when the rpm's are high and vacuum is low. It is located behind the right front wheel/fender under the battery.

Vaclines-1.gif

Last edited: