I think I screwed up with my SwayLOC

UND_Sioux

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Did I install the inner piece upside down? This picture is from the bottom. The arm with the slot is offset a little bit, and I assumed the biggest gap would be between the arms. When everything was tightened down, there was no gap at all between the arms.

I need to know whether or not, it’s on backwards, and then the easiest way to remove the outer arms. Thanks.

662EBEAC-B6CB-4734-AC0A-C64F267EFBC3.jpeg

I believe it goes on opposite of the way you originally had it. The bars should be almost touching. I get off work in a couple hours. If someone hasn't answered your question definitively by then, I'll snag a pic of mine and post it.

I believe it goes on opposite of the way you originally had it. The bars should be almost touching. I get off work in a couple hours. If someone hasn't answered your question definitively by then, I'll snag a pic of mine and post it.

Looks like Mike beat me to it! And his is installed opposite of how I remember mine installed, but I'm willing to admit I could be misremembering!

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
I don't remember it being specifically described in the instructions but I figured having them as close together as possible makes sense.

PXL_20221016_232141757.jpg

Did a little test drive today. I need to make some adjustments. I have it set to the second hole from the front. It is definitely firm on the road setting, but with it unlocked, it rally didn't feel that loose.

Which hole is closest to stock feel? Moving it to the furthest back would help with clearance. Will that be a lot more loose than stock on the street setting? For now, I'm more concerned with that until I get the Mid-arm and lift installed.

Did a little test drive today. I need to make some adjustments. I have it set to the second hole from the front. It is definitely firm on the road setting, but with it unlocked, it rally didn't feel that loose.

Which hole is closest to stock feel? Moving it to the furthest back would help with clearance. Will that be a lot more loose than stock on the street setting? For now, I'm more concerned with that until I get the Mid-arm and lift installed.

I have mine on the farthest back setting. It feels about like stock to me "seat of the pants" judgement. When unlocked it doesn't "feel" loose, but it articulates really well on uneven terrain.

That's how I set it when I installed it, and I have no complaints.