I Turned the Page to the Next Chapter

OldButStillJeeping

Old School Jeep TJ Tinker
Supporting Member
Well, I turned the proverbial page in the Jeep world. Or, in my Jeep life. Sold my beloved TJ, and bought a JT. It had to be something simple by just flipping the Jeep code letter s because I'm easily confused!

Anyway;
So, after about 15 years of TJ ownership, I'm signing out of this incredible forum.
So, no one cares. So why post this... One may ask.

Here's why...
This forum has been amazing. I've learned so incredibly much here. I've saved countless $ and time by researching here. The Jeep people here have been amazing!

I've met some incredibly knowledgable Jeep people thru this forum. People full of insight, and personal knowledge thru experience... of the TJ.
Heck, I thought I knew Jeeps, then I came here and I realized over time I didn't know much at all.
I'm sending out a heart felt 'Thank You!' to Mr.Blaine, Jerry, Chris, and many others I've agreed with.... and even those I rattled sabre with.
You've all made my TJ ownership time a good experience.
God Bless. See you on the trail.

Dude I get it. I did the same thing with my CJ this weekend. At some point it stops bringing you joy (or you realize that it’s been in your garage untouched for 5 years), so the best thing to do is close that chapter and let somebody else take over.

Reactions: OldButStillJeeping
Well, I turned the proverbial page in the Jeep world. Or, in my Jeep life. Sold my beloved TJ, and bought a JT. It had to be something simple by just flipping the Jeep code letter s because I'm easily confused!

Anyway;
So, after about 15 years of TJ ownership, I'm signing out of this incredible forum.
So, no one cares. So why post this... One may ask.

Here's why...
This forum has been amazing. I've learned so incredibly much here. I've saved countless $ and time by researching here. The Jeep people here have been amazing!

I've met some incredibly knowledgable Jeep people thru this forum. People full of insight, and personal knowledge thru experience... of the TJ.
Heck, I thought I knew Jeeps, then I came here and I realized over time I didn't know much at all.
I'm sending out a heart felt 'Thank You!' to Mr.Blaine, Jerry, Chris, and many others I've agreed with.... and even those I rattled sabre with.
You've all made my TJ ownership time a good experience.
God Bless. See you on the trail.
You're welcome. Always glad to tinker on something that's being a PITA.

We need pictures of the Gladiator before you go!

Mojave. I liked the reinforcement in the frame and knuckles, and better shocks, otherwise it would have been the Rubicon.
KIMG0077.JPG

Last edited:
You must have had someone standing on the porch with money in hand given what time you left here yesterday.
Yeah, not quite, but close.

Seriously, this wasn't planned.

We left your place and the wife was at the dealership 3 hours later on a whim.

I went Mojave because it's easier to put in a front locker than reinforce the frame.

I think its a good thing to stick around. I for one really don't mind hearing about newer Jeeps(especially from former TJ owners) That gladiator is pretty sweet. I hear you on the frame business. Wise choice imo.

Sorry to hear about you letting the TJ go, but your replacement keeps you in the "family", and since you mentioned putting a locker in it, I can see you still have the Jeep "disease"..... LOL!

So, many happy trails to ya. 😸

I'm sad to read you're leaving us, you have always been a good guy here... but life goes on and new chapters are always to be expected. Those new JTs are awesome, no doubt you'll enjoy that a lot too!

Please don't be a stranger here, the JT is still a Jeep!