I want more

4 banger TJ

TJ Enthusiast
Okay, the title of this thread sounds a little demanding, I know. I’ll start out by saying that I love this forum. I’ve seen multiple other Jeep and TJ related forums but this one is by far the best one I’ve come across. It’s much more clear and user friendly than the others. The same goes for the JK forum, it’s very easy to use and navigate. A lot of us Jeep guys on this forum have more than one Jeep. Some have a CJ or a JK to go along with their TJ.

What I’m trying to say is, why not have more forums like this one? Like one for XJ owners and another for YJ owners? A lot of us TJ guys also have experience with the previously mentioned models above, and I’m sure that there are some owners of those models that could use some help as well.

Now, before you go down below and tell me that I don’t understand how hard it is to create and run a forum such as this one let me say, you’re right, I don’t understand how hard it is. In fact, I have no experience in the matter whatsoever. I know that @Chris is working hard to keep this (and the JK) forum in check, and he’s doing a damn good job at it too. So maybe another forum just isn’t in the cards, and that’s okay. I’m just trying to give you all some food for thought on the topic of another forum so we can expand the huge community and following that this forum has gained.

That is all, have a good day.

I have the TJ and a CJ and have owned an XJ and a ZJ. I would like to see something as good as this for each of them, and others. I'm sure each one would be a ton of work and I am more concerned with this one staying alive and well (at least until I die).

Reactions: reddvltj
Chris owned both the TJ and a JK, hence the two sites.

Plus its a lot just to run the two :)

Most people probably wouldn't think it's a lot of work, but I can tell you with absolute honesty that running this forum has become more than a part time job, and now that there is two, it's almost full time.

I have no issue creating more forums, and I've even thought about doing that. It would be much easier to have one forum for all Jeeps, but the issue with that is it becomes diluted like Jeep Forum, and becomes cluttered, hard to navigate, etc.

Maybe a good idea though would be create one big Jeep Forum, and then have the TJ and JK sections link to their respective forums, while keeping everything else on the the new forum. It's not a bad idea honestly. Let me mull over this.

Maybe a good idea though would be create one big Jeep Forum, and then have the TJ and JK sections link to their respective forums, while keeping everything else on the the new forum. It's not a bad idea honestly. Let me mull over this.

I was thinking about this. Back in 2002 I joined vwvortex.com because I had dial up and bought a New Beetle TDI. There were dozens of VW sub forums. I also found The Car Lounge and Some Other Forums through vwvortex.com. I thought they were only part of vwvortex. Shortly after finding them I found several other "related" forums and subs for other brands. They all connected to The Car Lounge and those "Some Other Forums". The only "related" forums that are left are swedespeed.com related to Volvos and fourtitude.com related to Audi. I'm not trying to get anyone to go to them, they aren't anywhere near as good as they were 10 years ago, heck even The Car Lounge is only worth one weekly trip these days but maybe if the TJ and JK were their own sites they could both connect to the same"General Discussions" and "Classifieds" and could save Chris some time and energy.

I was thinking about this. Back in 2002 I joined vwvortex.com because I had dial up and bought a New Beetle TDI. There were dozens of VW sub forums. I also found The Car Lounge and Some Other Forums through vwvortex.com. I thought they were only part of vwvortex. Shortly after finding them I found several other "related" forums and subs for other brands. They all connected to The Car Lounge and those "Some Other Forums". The only "related" forums that are left are swedespeed.com related to Volvos and fourtitude.com related to Audi. I'm not trying to get anyone to go to them, they aren't anywhere near as good as they were 10 years ago, heck even The Car Lounge is only worth one weekly trip these days but maybe if the TJ and JK were their own sites they could both connect to the same"General Discussions" and "Classifieds" and could save Chris some time and energy.

I was on VW Vortex back in the 90s when it was privately owned and a great forum. I used to own countless numbers of VWs and I remember that site well as my first expedience with forums.

Do you know why that forum went downhill? The same reason Jeep Forum and Wrangler Forum (and so many others) went downhill... because those dickheads at Vertical Scope and Internet Brands bought them all out.

I hate those guys more than I can find the words to explain. All they do is destroy good forums.

Reactions: billiebob
@Chris I like it the way it is👍🏻.. good job!! Don’t be like those people they try to please everyone and succeed at pleasing no one!

Last edited:
Reactions: billiebob and Chris
We almost lost Chris when he sold his last TJ.... but after a few months in the hell of JK world I hear he is back.

You do a great job Chris. Anyone wanting a Renegade Forum can do it for themselves.
Keep the focus !!

Reactions: Hog and Chris
I can promise you that this specific forum will always remain a TJ forum, guaranteed. If I was going to do another forum, that would be a separate forum 👍

Reactions: Squatch and Hog
@Chris how about a regional forum within the TJ forum? It would be nice to go to a place within the site for local events/meetups/whatever.

A different national auto forum I’m on does that, it can be useful.