IAC wiring harness- trouble removing

Germanshepherd

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hi. Cleaned my IAC and throttle body but was not able to remove the wiring harness from the IAC. Never saw a connector like that. Never had problem removing other connectors but this one has me stumped. There are no tabs on it. Appears to be somne sort of sliding switch that does not budge. Is there a trick to removing these types of connectors? Could not slide it off no how. Thx

Post a picture when you get a chance. That'll help!

Hi, here are some photos. its basically a solid piece. on the side there looks to be some sort of slider but that does not move.

IAC.jpg

IAC1.jpg

The flat piece on the side of the plug away from the fuel rail, on the same side as that white connector, looks to be the release. Push in on the plug a little to release tension on the catch while pushing on that flat piece, that should release it so it can be disconnected. The side facing the camera in that second blurrier photo is where I believe the release to be visible.

The flat piece on the side of the plug away from the fuel rail, on the same side as that white connector, looks to be the release. Push in on the plug a little to release tension on the catch while pushing on that flat piece, that should release it so it can be disconnected. The side facing the camera in that second blurrier photo is where I believe the release to be visible.
just tried it again, nada. I too thought that was some sort of release, pushed in to take off some tension and tried it as you stated but does not budge. maybe its stuck or something. I dont want to force it to the point of breaking everything.
I was able to clean the IAC but would be nice to be able to remove that connector in case I ever have to remove the whole TB from jeep.one thing I did forget to do was clean the cavity where the IAC goes in. is it worth it for me to go back in there or let it go. it idles pretty good already but not sure how important it was to clean the cavity but the IAC itself was nasty. prob never cleaned in 160k miles.
thanks

I'd clean that orifice, which can be done without removing the IAC, by starting the engine & spraying TB cleaner into the TB while the engine is running at idle rpms. The IAC will only suck the cleaner in at idle rpms so keep the engine at idle as much as possible even though the cleaner will tend to stall out the engine by flooding the IAC area. When the engine stalls from the cleaner flooding the IAC, let it 'cook' for 10-15 seconds to soften the sludge then start the engine again.

I'd also wiggle that connector a little more while pushing hard on that release, I just can't see that not being the release for it.

The idle air control passage inlet slot just above the throttle valve plate is the air intake for the IAC.

TB & TPS Sensor Locations.jpg

Reactions: Blondie70
I'd clean that orifice which can be done without removing the IAC by starting the engine & spraying TB cleaner into the TB while the engine is running at idle rpms. The IAC will only suck the cleaner in at idle rpms so keep the engine at idle as much as possible even though the cleaner will tend to stall out the engine by flooding the IAC area. When the engine stalls from the cleaner flooding the IAC, let it 'cook' for 10-15 seconds to soften the sludge then start the engine again.

I'd also wiggle that connector a little more while pushing hard on that release, I just can't see that not being the release for it.

The idle air control passage inlet slot just above the throttle valve plate is the air intake for the IAC.

View attachment 5447
Thanks Jerry. Will clean that area as you described. Will mess around more with that connector again. Appreciate your willingness to always share your knowledge.

My under hood light does not work, still doing my searches on that but if I can't find any answers will post on here for help.

Thanks Jerry. Will clean that area as you described. Will mess around more with that connector again. Appreciate your willingness to always share your knowledge.

My under hood light does not work, still doing my searches on that but if I can't find any answers will post on here for help.
Did you ever get the IAC connector off ? Looks like a small (tiny) flat head screwdriver would work in place if the Chrysler special tool for that connector, just gently pry up tab near where wires go in at the same time pulling...why they mix match I wish I knew but my 2000 has the same one, hope this helps. Here is what I did to replace my underhoid light led strips. It's daylight under there at extremely low amps.

15590064773458905351262406088194.jpg

15590066674588603720325474126696.jpg

15590066944356717368953011474909.jpg