Ideas on smaller machined items needed for TJ

It's a nice looking TJ tub and it's got four nice looking marker lights, similar if not the same as the ones you are now selling.

Sorta, but not really. They won't fit, they are too long and way too bright.
DSC01511.JPG

And the side marker lights are randomly dual intensity, they can be run as marker lights only, brake/turn only, marker brake/turn, or marker and turn only depending on how creative you want to get with the wiring.

I like this very much

Will there be a black version?

Those are first article samples. We have a few small changes to detail out and then they go into production. 987 lbs of 7" wide 6061 T6 are already at the machine shop. When they come out of there they are going to the anodizing house to get UV stable black with maybe 10 sets total left bare.

The best part is that row of lights is 100% custom made for us. That should slow some folks right down.

This was a challenge-

DSC01499.JPG

Those are first article samples. We have a few small changes to detail out and then they go into production. 987 lbs of 7" wide 6061 T6 are already at the machine shop. When they come out of there they are going to the anodizing house to get UV stable black with maybe 10 sets total left bare.

The best part is that row of lights is 100% custom made for us. That should slow some folks right down.

This was a challenge-

View attachment 435205

I like that a lot. If only there was a decent way to light the plate in the stock location with a tail light like this. All of the add-on plate lights are flaming garbage, especially those horrendous light'n'bolt things.

Reactions: psrivats
I like that a lot. If only there was a decent way to light the plate in the stock location with a tail light like this. All of the add-on plate lights are flaming garbage, especially those horrendous light'n'bolt things.

If only there was a wizard who could foresee and solve problems like that :unsure:

If only there was a wizard who could foresee and solve problems like that :unsure:

There is a wizard, but I’m sure it’s probably too much of a pain to implement, which is likely why the first ones he designed didn’t have one. I think the low profile body would have the light lighting the plate bracket and not the plate. Unless the light was protruding outwards which would be difficult to implement in a way that looks decent.

But, if a light is implemented somehow in this round, that would certainly be great to see.

There is a wizard, but I’m sure it’s probably too much of a pain to implement, which is likely why the first ones he designed didn’t have one. I think the low profile body would have the light lighting the plate bracket and not the plate. Unless the light was protruding outwards which would be difficult to implement in a way that looks decent.

But, if a light is implemented somehow in this round, that would certainly be great to see.

I figured out how to route and fit 12 wires inside a housing without much issue, a plate light that works is a piece of cake.

Reactions: machoheadgames