If AEV makes it, it must be good right?

Having been on some of the 'super dusty trails out west' this summer, I still fail to see how raising your air intake from 4' to 6' off the ground makes any difference
not about the height... its easier to mount the dust filter outside the hood.

Yeah, there actually is some merit to the snorkels with the prefilter intake. You'll find them on lots of off-highway & farm equipment.
Most agricultural equipment use a cyclonic design to pre-filter the air before entering the paper filter air box. Not sure if the snorkels have that feature or not, I am guess not based on the shape of them.

Out of all the snorkels in the U.S., how many do you think have been in water over the tires? Just curious....
Funny you mention that. Whenever driving the jeep, never did I see water higher than five inches. In the slammed Audi S4, I had water to the fender line a few times. Lost the front license plate once because of it. Go figure.

Reactions: ejay
Most agricultural equipment use a cyclonic design to pre-filter the air before entering the paper filter air box. Not sure if the snorkels have that feature or not, I am guess not based on the shape of them.

Talking about one of these, yes?

images.jpg

This is what I was referring to by the prefilter head.
The snorkel itself is just a tube going up from the intake. Most use a ram air head. But that's not to say you cant outfit it with one of these which are proven to work.

Talking about one of these, yes?

View attachment 197860

This is what I was referring to by the prefilter head.
The snorkel itself is just a tube going up from the intake. Most use a ram air head. But that's not to say you cant outfit it with one of these which are proven to work.
Yes, that's it. I would say that with out that cyclonic head on the top of the snorkel, the idea of it reducing dust intake is kind of trivial. But then again it does not look as cool as the ram air head seen typically.

Donaldson makes most of the industrial filters.