If one project jeep isn't enough ... but...

Kathy

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
IMG_3976.JPG
IMG_3988.JPG
IMG_3996.JPG
IMG_3999.JPG
My bf was talking (or complaining) at work about my recent jeep addiction and his coworker proceeds to tell him he has a 1995 yj 2.5 , 5 speed jeep he wants to get off his land. He said he would take 300.00 for it. Of course when he told me this I told him he had to get it as it had a winch and plow and hard top and alone he could get 300 for it. So the next day he's hauling home another jeep. So now what to do
With it. I probably wouldn't be asking and would just part it out but there is only 76,000 miles on it! Dave said on first check the frame is rusty but solid, but the Body/tub is rusted through by the front seats. Wanting opinions on what should we do? Dave said something about fiberglass body's or something ? I'd love to have a jeep for my son , but not sure it's worth the hassle. Shocks are shot but engine runs great! Any advise is appreciated

Sweet jesus that is some atrocious rust and it probably extends well beyond what you can actually see in the metal if my body work on older cars has taught me anything.

Fiberglass tubs don't seem to be too expensive, surprisingly enough. I guess the question would then be left to someone with more technical Jeep expertise like Jerry as to whether or not a fiberglass tub is a good replacement for everyday driving or not.

http://www.shellvalley.com/index.cf...t_id=376/category_id=139/mode=prod/prd376.htm

$1800 for the tub from these guys, add $700 for Kevlar reinforcements and another $1000 on top of that for whatever their "Heavy Duty" package entails. You're still on the hook for hood/fenders/doors and everything else not included though.

Reactions: Kathy and JP98
Sweet jesus that is some atrocious rust and it probably extends well beyond what you can actually see in the metal if my body work on older cars has taught me anything.

Fiberglass tubs don't seem to be too expensive, surprisingly enough. I guess the question would then be left to someone with more technical Jeep expertise like Jerry as to whether or not a fiberglass tub is a good replacement for everyday driving or not.

http://www.shellvalley.com/index.cf...t_id=376/category_id=139/mode=prod/prd376.htm

$1800 for the tub from these guys, add $700 for Kevlar reinforcements and another $1000 on top of that for whatever their "Heavy Duty" package entails. You're still on the hook for hood/fenders/doors and everything else not included though.
Thanks for all the info. I would want to fix it up enough to be safe to drive , probably not for off road.