If you could pick one Jeep event to go to, but the catch is, without your Jeep

Thank the lord!!!! Now that, that is settled, I would gladly share a cell with you!!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Make sure to tie a bed sheet in front of the toilet to get some privacy when taking a dump.
p.s. You're bringing up some bad memories. :cautious:

1716683292918.png

• Wow
Reactions: John Cooper
So let me get this straight.

Belly dancing > Burlesque dancing????? Asking for @TheBoogieman ..

The serious answer: Burlesque/Stripping came from Belly Dance, as did Flamenco. Belly Dancers do not particularly like to be in the same show as Burlesque dancers - even though some dance both - just to avoid misconceptions and stereotypes.

With that said, one of the dance schools I'm in has a Burlesque class - the teacher told me that a male was going to try it. I need to ask her how that went, I suspect he didn't show up.

• Wow
The serious answer: Burlesque/Stripping came from Belly Dance, as did Flamenco. Belly Dancers do not particularly like to be in the same show as Burlesque dancers - even though some dance both - just to avoid misconceptions and stereotypes.

With that said, one of the dance schools I'm in has a Burlesque class - the teacher told me that a male was going to try it. I need to ask her how that went, I suspect he didn't show up.

Dang I had no idea!! That's pretty cool!!!

Now with the help of @Zorba @TheBoogieman @Apparition and myself.

We have totally nuked this thread..... oh happy day.... 🥳 🥳 🥳 :ROFLMAO:

No, not scared off😂 Just reading the amusing post this has turned into. At this point it sounds like the best party is going to be in the local lock up with some dude doing a belly dance🤷‍♂️😂

Seriously if you want a good Jeep event, The Great Smokey Mountain Jeep Invasion is where to go.

The LeCount center will be packed with Vendors as will a huge parking lot outside!!!!!

Seriously if you want a good Jeep event, The Great Smokey Mountain Jeep Invasion is where to go.

The LeCount center will be packed with Vendors as will a huge parking lot outside!!!!!

Thanks, it sounds like that will be the better option.
Also hoping to hire a Jeep and maybe do some easy but scenic trails like the ones near Telluride in Colorado.

1. Fly to the west coast... Portland, Seattle maybe SF or LA.

2. Buy a TJ. Probably spend less than $8k. Do a little wrenching... plenty of members along the way...hit the Rubicon, Fordyce... plenty of fun stuff up in Washington. Browns Camp outside Portland. Long Beach WA. Hit Moab, Glamis, maybe King of the Hammers. Colorado...Black Bear Pass...hit up all the good places back east. Sell the Jeep in New York or Ohio or some rust belt state for twice what you paid for it. Might pay for the trip.

-Mac

Reactions: OutdoorEd
Brooklyn........ I delivered in Harlem one time, like Hank Jr said "if this is the promised land, I've had all I can stand"

Dem folks was plumb rude, especially to a Southern country boy!!!!!!! At least I took all the horn blowing as cussing me out, who knows. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You know you’re pretty well on target- Being a Southern guy the first time I went to New York I could not believe the language.....Over things like ordering breakfast. I mean in normal conversation they would say things that would literally lead to bloodshed here in the south.

If you want to go to a pretty good parts/trade based show the GSM Jeep Invasion does that well- it’s just getting more crowded every year.

Not having a jeep won’t hold you back- You’ll see so many you’ll be sick. You’ll probably go home with a rubber duck sticking out your rear end.

Its reached the point of hysteria.

And it doesn’t matter how big you think your jeep is believe me you’re going to feel small- my LJR on 35’s felt like a golf cart with V8 powered monsters on 44” super swampers next to it at a light.

I think your devotion to jeeps and work it into travel is cool, and hope you have a blast whatever you do.

1. Fly to the west coast... Portland, Seattle maybe SF or LA.

2. Buy a TJ. Probably spend less than $8k. Do a little wrenching... plenty of members along the way...hit the Rubicon, Fordyce... plenty of fun stuff up in Washington. Browns Camp outside Portland. Long Beach WA. Hit Moab, Glamis, maybe King of the Hammers. Colorado...Black Bear Pass...hit up all the good places back east. Sell the Jeep in New York or Ohio or some rust belt state for twice what you paid for it. Might pay for the trip.

-Mac

Definitely like the idea, and enjoy getting my hands dirty working on my Jeep. It’s the wrenching in a car park I’m not to keen on.
That being said, how much would a nice clean TJ go for in LA, with a preference for a Rubicon.

From your statement, there's way more to see at Jeep Beach. :cool:
p.s. There's Jeeps too.
View attachment 529564
View attachment 529567

The Jeep Beach events at Daytona Beach are a fun event with a lot of eye candy; I have attended the event several times with my brother.
That event usually occurs the end of April.

There are many events in Moab, Utah with outstanding scenery and a lot things to do.
You can rent a Jeeps to explore the trails, bicycles can be rented and even motorcycles and quads can be rented.

Easter Jeep Safari (last week of March) is another great Jeep 4x4 event with a variety of off road vehicles attending.
To attend this event you need to plan a year or two in advance due to the popularity.

Labor Day Safari (end of August) at Moab, Utah is another great Jeep 4x4 event put on by the Red Rock 4 Wheelers

Jeep Jamboree USA (end of October) is attended by thousands of off road vehicles

https://www.moabhappenings.com/events year.htm

When I lived on the west coast; I attended the SoCal XJ and the NAXJA events in Moab, Utah during October every year between 1999-2018.
So much fun.....

Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion is a good event to attend at least once. I believe it is the largest gathering of Jeeps anywhere. I don’t recall the actual numbers - but it’s something like 30-50 thousand jeeps that attend. It is quite a sight to see all those rigs in one place, and parading up and down the main drag through Pigeon Forge.

The vendor presence is very large, and interesting. They are all there. A huge downside is that a large portion of the event, and therefore the vendors, is outside. At that time of the year that area can get hot - sometimes very hot. I attended last year and it was pushing 100 and very high humidity.

And you will be ducked. You will be very ducked.

West coast prices are WAY higher than on the East coast. I paid $9,500 for my stock Rubicon. It would have been $15,000+ in Cali.
View attachment 529809

Beautiful Rubicon, if I did by one, I’d love to get one like that. I have some friends moving to Alabama, might be an option to buy one and store it there.

Beautiful Rubicon, if I did by one, I’d love to get one like that. I have some friends moving to Alabama, might be an option to buy one and store it there.

Aussie's in Bama????? That's like a double shot of redneck....... I think....... :cool: :cool:

Hope they like Lynyrd Skynyrd :cool::cool: