If you thought old TJs were expensive (42k for a 40 year old DeLorean)

Nightmare9

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
From just about everything I have seen, the cars really aren't very good. This one isn't even silver/ bare aluminum.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...e\":3.0781776470492e-6,\"upsell_type\":108}"}
204156268_915336112582564_2728371041932660855_n.jpg

Reactions: Jamesval035
Weren’t those bodies made out of stainless?

Yes. Probably painted to cover dent repair. I watched a car show, years ago, that restored Delorean's. IIRC, replacing a body panel after an accident was nearly impossible, hammering out a dent showed in the stainless finish, so they painted them.

Reactions: ColoJeep
Yes. Probably painted to cover dent repair. I watched a car show, years ago, that restored Delorean's. IIRC, replacing a body panel after an accident was nearly impossible, hammering out a dent showed in the stainless finish, so they painted them.
That and if you do not take care of the stainless it will get nasty and rust. Stainless not rust proof.

That and if you do not take care of the stainless it will get nasty and rust. Stainless not rust proof.
Most stainlesses aren't rust proof, but their rust resistance varies. Dunno what type DeLoreon used, I'm guessing 400 series. Passivated and polished 316 will survive immersion in salt water for decades! But the stainless body gives the DeLoreon better flux dispersal. ;)